Getting nervous... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting nervous... Getting nervous...

Unread 09-13-2004, 06:30 AM
Getting nervous...

Hi Ladies,
Just joined the site this morning..
I am having a hysterectomy in a few
weeks..Lots of fibroids..I am keeping
my ovaries..they get my cervix and
uterus..What I am really scared of
is not feeling my orgasms like before..
can someone tell me what if feels
like after?
If I can't feel them, I would rather
live with the pain. I am 37 years old
and sex is just starting to get really
good anyway.
Thanks for your help..I need it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2004, 06:53 AM
Getting nervous...

Hi Sandralee...welcome! Did you say your surgery was in a couple of weeks? I got confused cuz over on the left your surgery date says 9-7....I can't really answer your question about the orgasms, cuz I've not had my surgery yet either....but I did want to say welcome to the greatest site ever! Hope you find as much from this site as I have.

Hugs,

Mich
Unread 09-13-2004, 07:12 AM
Getting nervous...

Hi, well, as every person is different, I can't really answer your question. I can tell you that my sex life is just fine I had my hyst 2 years ago. You can do a search here and check out other threads on the subject. The search button is near the top right of this page.

I think that this something that you should discuss with your dr. If you're having any doubts at all about having the surgery, maybe you should ask him/her more questions and weigh the pros and cons before making a final decision.

Best wishes.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2004, 07:16 AM
Getting nervous...

Dear Sandralee37,
Welcome to hystersisters. It will become your new best friend if you are like most of us. There is so much information you can spend lots of hours reading just the resources not to mention all the posts.
I have had struggles with your question as well. I have to chuckle a bit this morning. I will go in for my surgery in just a few hours and the furthest thing from my mind today is what sex is going to be like afterward. It is funny how your focus changes. Don't get me wrong, it it still important, but has just diminished so much. When I first found this sight I think this might have been one of my first questions too.
I wish I could speak from experience, but I am just not there-yet. I have talked to so many people who have said everything works great that my fears have been alleviated. I will be honest and say that I am skeptical. It just can't be the same without the deep uterine contractions(in my humble opinion). But I have worked through this whole thing and can't live the way I am. Sex isn't very good when you are bleeding more than half the month and in pain the rest of it so I have made my peace.
If you go over to the postop resources there are are some really good and encouraging things to read about sex- post hysterectomy. I would recommend you do that. Keep asking away until you get you questions answered. It will make all the difference when the day comes for you to head to the castle.

Blessings, Rita TVH with bladder sling, leaving ovaries 9/13/04
Unread 09-13-2004, 08:44 AM
Getting nervous...

Hi sandralee37---

This is a great site---you're so right about that.

I also cannot fill you in on the sex part because I haven't had surgery yet. However, let me say this---like yourself I was so concerned with the sex too. Well, for the past year or so the sex has not concerned me because I've been so much in pain from the fibroids. I love sex, but hey----growing fibroids and sex are not a good party together. But, I guess you're not having any real serious pain with your fibroids yet---huh?

I'm sure you'll get more information as the others mentioned from the ones who've had surgery.

Good luck.
Unread 09-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Thank You

Thank you, ladies, for the speedy
replies..My surgery date is October
7th, not September.
Had a pap and a scraping
this morning. Talked to my
wonderful Dr. and I feel much
better. I also have taken the time
to go through some of the old threads
in the pre-op forums. Lets just put
it this way..I don't want anymore
pain and bleeding. I want it over
with..and if that means that the O's
are a little less intense, well then
so be it.. That is something I can
live with. Fibroids, are not.
Thanks again..take care
sandy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register