Scared and Confused!!! Large Fibroids | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared and Confused!!! Large Fibroids Scared and Confused!!! Large Fibroids

Unread 01-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Scared and Confused!!! Large Fibroids

HI all..have it all...endo,ovarian cysts,and pesky fibroids. I am 47 years old and been dealing with this for years. My 10cm fibroid has gotten alot bigger...not sure how much but my uterus is 20 week size. My leg swelled up,and I have large mass under my belly button...oh and I pee myself on a regular basis!! LOL Going for MRI tommorrow...doc wants me to have ab hysrecytomy pronto since this thing is now pressing on the viens in my ab..causing the swelling in leg. I also have a fibroid im my cervix..so I am one centimeter dialated!!! Wish I were having a baby!!! My surgery is for this Thursday, but I just found out about The DaVinci. Now I am wondering if I should get opinion on that route. Not sure how long I can wait though. Been crying nonstop...not sure what to do...any advice or info would be great Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Re: Scared and Confused!!! Large Fibroids

I had fibroids, too, but they didn't get as big as your's. I do understand how uncomfortable they can be and the problems they can cause. I also referred to them as pesky. If you're interested in the DaVinci, you need to discuss it with your doctor. It's a great advancement in surgeries, but it's not for everyone. If you aren't sure about the type of hysterectomy your scheduled to have, getting another opinion is always a good idea if you have the time to do it. That way you'll find out if you're a candiate for another type of hysterectomy.

I hope your MRI goes well. Be sure to let us know how it went.

Deb
Unread 01-13-2010, 07:02 AM
Re: Scared and Confused!!! Large Fibroids

Hi, similar story here. My uterus is also 20 week size or it was in october when I had the mri's. It may be bigger now, I feel like it is.
Also cysts on ovaries and mri shows atypical results, so it could be just a fibroid or it can be sarcoma. Thing has been giving me problems, pressure on my bladder, constipation, totally interfered with intercourse because it will cramp up for days after.
I am having davinci on the 29th, or at least that is the plan.
as long as everything points at it being just a large fibroid.
They were behind on a part for the machine so my choice was to wait 6 weeks being uncomfortable and then have a faster and easier recovery, or to go sooner with the abdominal cut. I chose to wait.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register