Green Coffee Bean Extract | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Green Coffee Bean Extract Green Coffee Bean Extract

Unread 09-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Green Coffee Bean Extract

Has anybody here tried the Green Coffee bean Extract? I am concerned about weight gain and heard about this on the Dr. Oz show. I would like to hear if anybody has tried it and had good results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Re: Green Coffee Bean Extract

I'm aware this doesn't answer your question, but getting a hysterectomy does not automatically mean you will gain weight. I gained weight before my hysterectomy, and during the first few weeks after hysterectomy, I retained plenty of fluid and had abdominal swelling (swelly belly). However, I didn't gain actual fat at all because after the first couple weeks, I watched what I ate, and began walking as my doctor allowed. Now at 9 months post-op, I've lost over 30 pounds. All I did was eat right (no crazy dieting) and do some moderate exercise (not even every day). Finally, if you decide you want to try the Green coffee bean extract, make sure your doctor says it is ok for you. Coffee can cause hot flashes and bowel symptoms. I know nothing about this product, but you need to make sure your doc says it's ok for you before you add in any other medication or drug or supplement while you are recovering. I wish you the best.
Unread 09-25-2013, 02:52 PM

I had been taking it before my hyster-adventure, and because of my diagnosis, I decided to stop taking it in favor of other types of supplements. Does anyone have any information about it in regards to endometrial cancer? Or maybe I should ask this in another subforum....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2013, 03:59 PM

Where are people hearing a hyst causes weight gain? Menopause could cause that yes, whether surgical or natural. So i guess if you have a total hyst maybe.I haven't gained a pound, I lost some...
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:00 PM

I have heard of these, but unfortunately, there are no magic pills for weight management... Eating right and exercise is the only way...

You are still early post op so I would focus on resting and healing first...

If you gain weight the months following a hysterectomy, and still observing a healthy diet and exercise, it might be an hormonal issue...

All the best
Unread 01-21-2014, 12:42 PM

Just tried green coffee bean extract with raspberry ketones trying to speed up metabolism. Having such difficulty keeping weight off due to hormonal differences. Probably a huge mistake. First pill was last Wednesday. Had my 9 month check-up with Dr. that afternoon. I was infection free (something we always look for since I'd had a lot during the time before surgery) and the measurements showed the sacral colpopexy was holding tight. That night, though, woke in the night with bladder spasms worse than after they hysterectomy (last May). Thought it was because the exam was uncomfortable. The next few days peed constantly and still having spasms. This morning thought through everything I've been doing. The only thing that's different is the green coffee bean/raspberry ketone pills. So, before I called the Dr for an appointment to get checked out again (which I'll do on Monday), I googled "is green coffee bean/raspberry ketone a bladder irritant". Yes, it is. Some people told of the bladder spasms and constant urination to the point they thought they had a UTI. (Green coffee bean is a diuretic which I should have realized.) This probably isn't true for everyone, but if you've had bladder problems (prolapse and infections, like me) it's obviously not a wise thing to take. I got the bottle and put it in the trash. Will give myself a few days to see if symptoms ease up. If they do, I'll cancel the Dr's appointment.

Guess there's no easy fix for the weight. I'll just keep walking.
Unread 01-21-2014, 03:43 PM

Thank you, I do have bladder issues and found through research it could cause bladder spasms and fast heartbeat. I decided not to take it. With everything I have been through I do not want to add more bladder pain. Thank you for all the post!
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:12 AM

I would say, that if you're not a coffee drinker, then maybe the gcb extract may not be a good idea. But for us 'coffee achievers' or at least for me, it hasn't affected me that way. Also it's been a long time since my surgery (eight months?), so it's not really a good comparison- I did have bladder spams, but they didn't go past a couple of months.
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:43 AM

In the past I have found the best way to lose weight is hard work and diet. You could try the supplements (I have those and others on hand just not currently using them), but I would start with diet and exercise. These pills may increase your metabolism but what happens when you stop taking them? After reading the issues with bladder spasms I think I might pitch the green coffee bean extract. I couldn't stand any more issues with my bladder!
I also want to add that it's awesome that you are trying to lose weight if you need to for your health. Being healthy is crucial to a long and happy life. Sometimes though in our society we get so wrapped up in numbers and measurements. Instead of dieting we should all strive to just make healthy choices a new life style. Not a diet. Don't say I'm on a diet, say I'm living a healthier life. Adopt those practices, you know what I mean? Don't drive yourself crazy with supplements and crazy calorie counting. You could ask your doc to refer you to a dietitian to teach you healthy choices. I feel like so many women (me included) just beat ourselves up over weight. You are beautiful from the inside out, not the other way around. Strive to be healthy, not a number! *just my 2 cents*

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register