I'm a little confused!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm a little confused!!! I'm a little confused!!!

Unread 02-07-2007, 07:50 AM
I'm a little confused!!!

After reading many posts I'm confused about how you determine when and why you're bleeding.I have read that when your vaginal cuff starts to release the disolving stitches that you may or may not experience some bleeding.When in the hospital I had little to no bleeding.Upon returning home,more towards the middle of the second week I began to have some bleeding,never any amount that I thought I should be concerned about.
Now there's the overdoing it part of this question.As time goes on your incision doesn't hurt as much and you feel like doing just a lttle more,nothing major,maybe go for a car ride(as a passenger)or maybe do a little more walking than the day before.
Then BAM!you start to have some spotting and feel a little crampy then you don't want to move for a few days for the fear that you will continue to bleed and slow down the healing process.
Is it the vaginal cuff or is it that you did too much?
At some point if you don't start walking more and doing a little more you lose your strenght and endurance which is why we become so tired when we are expected to return to our normal activities including working full time.
I was 3 weeks post op yesterday after having a tah keeping both ovaries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2007, 08:00 AM
I'm a little confused!!!

Glad you're doing okay. I have found at 3 1/2 weeks my energy level fluctuates depending on how much I have done. I still tend to do too much bending(from my knees) and do not have pain, but if I stand a lot I get achy. Trust your body to guide how much rest you need. I nap/rest in the afternoon, and take a walk daily(it is really cold here, so I only go about 1/4 mile).

Last weekend I drove to a movie and was exhausted the next day. I am reminded to go slow and take it easy(not easy for a type A such as myself). I did not have any bleeding post op. Another friend who had a TAH told me you'll have good days and bad; I am learning on the good days not to overdo. Hope your recovery is going well!

Kristin
Unread 02-07-2007, 08:16 AM
I'm a little confused!!!

Kristin,
Be careful when bending from the knees. My doctor stressed to me not to squat since you can't bend since it puts a great amount of pressure on your pelvic floor. I know all of our doctors our different and after I thought of what my doctor said it made sense, since women often get into a squatting position to deliver children. Makes sense, doesn't it?
Happy healing!
Heidi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm a little confused!!!

I am almost at week 6, and I still get tired alot. I will do alot one day and then pay for it the next 2 days. It is really strange since I have always been very active. I still can not go back to work as my job is very exausting, I decorate cakes and it may sound easy, its not. Its not a lot of heavy lifting, but it requires a lot of standing and walking. I just don't have the strength right now, may have to change jobs. I did not have much spotting post op, was very surprised at how little i did have. I have been waiting for stiches to come out, but havn't seen them yet. Anyone know about when they start to come out? I know everyone is different, maybe mine are just the desolving kind.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register