Reason for pain with sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Reason for pain with sex Reason for pain with sex

Unread 06-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Reason for pain with sex

I had posted last week that I had some serious discomfort with sex this last time (nearly 8 weeks post op now). I also had some bleeding afterwards. Sex has not been the greatest as far as physical comfort since my tvh but I thought this might be due to also having anterior - posterior prolapse repair. I went to the dr today and she treated me for granulation and we'll see if there is a change by next week, but her speculation is that my falopian tube somehow crept into the vag cuff area while it was healing and is now prolapsing down into my vagina. If this is the case I will have to go back in for a quick outpatient procedure and have the tube removed. I don't know what time frame for recovery is but we are leaving to go overseas on a trip in three weeks. Anyone else ever had a prolapsed falopian tube or even heard of it?

Becky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2007, 12:23 AM
Reason for pain with sex

Becky,

I'm so sorry you've been having pain but it's good that you went to see your doctor. I have read around here about prolapsed fallopian tube(s) so I know you aren't alone. Hopefully, someone who's been there will come along soon and share some insight with you. In the meantime, have you done a forum search for prolapsed fallopian tube? You should find some threads that discuss it.

I hope you don't have to have anymore surgeries or procedures done! Let us know how you're doing!

s, Deb
Unread 06-30-2007, 06:59 AM
Reason for pain with sex

Thanks, Deb. I did do a search after you recommended it and read several similar accounts. I'll be going in next Friday to see if it was actually granulation and whether I responded to the silver nitrate. If not then dr will remove the tube. It helped reading about others' though.

Becky

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register