It is hard when you make your decision and yourf friends question it. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It is hard when you make your decision and yourf friends question it. It is hard when you make your decision and yourf friends question it.

Unread 07-17-2011, 03:32 PM
It is hard when you make your decision and yourf friends question it.

A good friend is against hyst unless life threatening. How about taking the gamble for a better life. She says to get hormones tested first. I read post op and can get real scared. Too bad we can't ask them questions preop. I'm only getting uterus out due to nausia diahrreah and pain. I'd love thoughts please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Re: It is hard when you make your decision and yourf friends question it.

Dear BBE123:

You can ask your questions in Pre-Op forum, and the members who have already had surgery will be watching & waiting to reply!

I hope you are feeling better soon. I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 07-17-2011, 11:14 PM

you can tell your friends how you feel but unless they have walked in your shoes, they will never really understand, i hope you get your ? answered
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2011, 05:25 AM

Your friends aren't living with the pain that you aare living with. I am sure they might think differently if they were living with pain. Hope all goes well for you.
Unread 07-21-2011, 06:34 AM

The decision for you to have a better life is yours and yours alone. True friends listen to what you have to say and yes they voice their concerns but in the end they should support your decision. Don't let anyone change your mind about your body. Write down all your questions and concerns for your dr. Hope you get the love and support you need. Hugs to you.
Unread 07-21-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBE123 View Post
A good friend is against hyst unless life threatening. How about taking the gamble for a better life. She says to get hormones tested first. I read post op and can get real scared. Too bad we can't ask them questions preop. I'm only getting uterus out due to nausia diahrreah and pain. I'd love thoughts please.
You know none of my friends thought I should have a hysterectomy. they gave me all kinds of grief. I was told by a couple that i was just taking the easy road out of menopause. How crazy is that!! Trust me a hyserectomy was not something I ever wanted to have done. I had to have everything taken out so Surgical Menopause has been a killer for me. So no I am not taking the easy road out..on the contrary it is a harder road. Once my friends found out what all was wrong with me, they were like..."Well, I guess you really did need the surgery."...I said "Duh!!".

You have to do what is best for you and your quality of life. Best Wishes to you!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register