Painful Sex, Bloated & Rectal Cramping - Connected? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Painful Sex, Bloated & Rectal Cramping - Connected? Painful Sex, Bloated & Rectal Cramping - Connected?

Unread 12-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Painful Sex, Bloated & Rectal Cramping - Connected?

It seems like the closer I get to surgery (2 more days!) the "worse" I feel. Sometimes I worry that its all in my head...its just HARD when you can't "see" the problem. This isn't like a broken arm where the reason for pain is evident, know what I mean? It messes with my head and makes me want to discount any pain/discomfort I have. I didn't want to "complain" (stupid I know), so I think I went too far in the other direction and never brought up symptoms/questions that I should have.

I do know I have or at least HAD endo. I was diagnosed via laparoscopy with endo back when I was 17 (I am now 36). I had a second laparoscopy to clean out some more/new endo when I was 19 followed by Lupron.

My husband and I were then blessed with 2 beautiful boys and things went really well until about 8 years ago, then all the old pain came back (drs assumed it was the endo returning). I could "deal" with the endo, but now it appears I have a "large" fibroid on the back of my uterus causing me a lot of pain & pressure. After several years of gynos recommending hysterectomies I suddenly found myself READY to do it. Now since I've made that decision, I have several questions that I never asked my doctor about -- mainly a few symptoms that I never connected to being related to my problems, however, after reading this site I wonder if they really might be??

Bloating: Right now I FEEL bloated. I feel swollen and "full" and fat. Well, I AM chubby but I feel extra chubby, but not down low--I feel/look swollen higher up above my belly button and below my breasts. Could that still be from the endo (assuming it has returned) or even from the fibroid? For some reason I always "assumed" that swelling would be lower, below my belly button-and since I'm, ahem, fluffy, I wouldn't really be able to TELL if I was swollen much there. Is anybody else "swollen" pre-surgery higher up? Maybe its not swelling and I'm really just FAT up there now, too!

Rectal Cramping/Spasming: Oh my goodness this HURTS! It happens in spurts (maybe 1 or 2 a week), and then goes away for up to months at a time. I'm not even positive its my rectum that's cramping but I know its in that general area and that it lasts around 5-15 minutes from start to finish. I have never found a pattern to it. Does anybody else have this "problem"? I never attributed it to the endo and or fibroid BUT if it is connected AND if the hysterectomy and removal of the fibroid and any visible endo stops it, oh my goodness what a blessing that would be! I never mentioned this particular "problem" to my gyno--like I said, I just never thought that pain might even be connected to my "female" problems.

Painful Sex: This I'm fairly positive is connected to either the endo or the fibroids or both. BUT--my question is, sometimes its the actual act of intercourse that hurts, and other times its just this pain I have in my vagina (not the INSIDE I'm not "raw", its more the walls,) that keeps me from HAVING intercourse. I describe it to my husband that sometimes it feels like I could drive a Semi through my VaJJ! It just feels swollen and tender. Certainly that could be connected to either endo OR the fibroid, right???

SO--I'm sorry this is so long winded, but I was just curious if anybody else out there is having or has had any of those symptoms. I was "ok" with the surgery just removing the pain and pressure from the fibroid--if that's all that is helped than that is fine--because I know I can live and deal (and be happy!) with everything else, however, if there is the chance that maybe a couple other things might clear up as well--well, that is a huge BONUS. I'm not going to get my hopes up, though--I know this surgery isn't a "cure all".

Thank you!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Re: Painful Sex, Bloated & Rectal Cramping - Connected?

My guess is it could most certainly be connected. I have some severe rectal pain at times, sometimes feel as though my cervix is attached to it. All you can do is wait and see! I'm hoping to at least feel a little better!

Good luck!
Unread 12-09-2012, 09:05 AM

It could definatelly be connected but there is no way of really knowing until its all done and over with. I just wanted to hop on here and assure you that the hyster is not as bad as it seems it will be. I just had mine on Tuesday and I'm getting around just fine. I had a TAH, the most invasive kind, and I'm getting around the house with ease and am amazed at how its not at all as bad as I thought it would be. Yes everyone is different but please find some comfort in my words. You'll make it and do just fine. The peace of mind that comes with having it over with and being free of the cancer concers, as mine was for cancer reasons too, is like winning the lottery. Your health is the most important thing. I do have cramping from gas and bloating now after the proceedure but it will pass. Hang in there. I'm thinking of you and all others facing their fears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2012, 05:26 AM

Yes all of them are connected with the endometrosis. I have stage 4 endometrosis and I have all those symptoms. Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.
Unread 12-10-2012, 07:08 AM

Thank you, everybody. I do think one of the most "comforting" things is knowing that 2 doctors are going to get a good visual of my insides. My maternal grandmother was diagnosed and passed away pre-menopausal with ovarian cancer at the age of 42. My own mom had a hysterectomy at the age of 26 for endo and ovarian cysts. I'm ready to just KNOW what exactly has been going on inside me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register