Panicing so much to do - worried | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Panicing so much to do - worried Panicing so much to do - worried

Unread 08-21-2013, 06:24 AM
Panicing so much to do - worried

Hi all,

I'm really panicing now. I have 16 days to my operation and I'm no where near ready. I really don't have the energy at the moment to do anything and I'm finding that frustrating! My house is really messy as I've been decorating recently and now needs putting together so that it's ready for when I'm recovering but I just don't have the motivation. Has anyone else been in this situation? I've never been this way before and it's getting me down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2013, 06:47 AM
Re: Panicing so much to do - worried

My surgery was August 12, and I get the same way. Keep busy and try deep breathing. I had a couple panic attacks but tried to think about how great my quality of life would be when I'm done healing. You are not alone and there are many sisters on this fantastic web site that will support you through it. You can do this! Hang in there!
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:15 PM

Hi 8662 -

First off... deep breath. I know this is panic time before your surgery, and you are probably distracted by the surgery.

Limit what you are going to do, focus on only the really important items, and let the rest go. It is unimportant as compared to your healing after this surgery.

One thing this surgery (and its recovery) will teach you is what is important. Your house after surgery will get messy, and that is truly okay. I remember my house was so dirty, I started naming dust bunnies. I also have three black cats so my carpets turned black with cat hair because I could not vacuum for 8 weeks. It happens...

You and your messy house will be in very good company on the HysterSister site.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2013, 02:44 AM

i'm there too with the panic, and it's been hard to do much of anything. i tried cleaning my room a bit but got tired. I'm mostly sleeping a lot, because I've been having a hard time sleeping at night as it nears 5am now. It helps me relax hanging around online. But I have a lot of stuff to do too.
Unread 08-22-2013, 03:26 AM

I was in very bad shape health wise a couple months before surgery. I had much pain and bleeding. So I just rested. I didnt even think about the housework. I needed my energy for me. I also didnt worry about housework until about 4 weeks after surgery and still took it slow. This is about me, not about some dust bunny sitting under the bed. Stress is very bad for healing anyway, and its healing to be calm. I just took care of me and did fun quiet things i enjoyed. After I started feeling better, it was fun to get to know my house again. Last checkup tomorrow and feeling great. Best wishes.
Unread 08-22-2013, 03:39 AM

8662 - Do you have family or close friends that you can trust to help you out? If so, maybe they can prepare some meals ahead for your freezer and maybe someone can come and help you for a day or two - just to put your mind at ease and make you feel like you are more prepared as you get ready for surgery? I had enough anxiety about surgery but it helped that I had everything ready ahead of time - meals, book work, house. Sending hugs and prayers your way as you prepare for surgery - healing - and on to a new life after recovery
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:27 AM

Thank you so much everyone. I live on my own so probably that doesn't help at that time. I too am not sleeping and spending nights awake wondering what the operation will be like and also what the pain will be like. I think as the day gets nearer and nearer I'm panicing more. I've had so many people from work telling me that they're going to come and visit and I think that is adding pressure to me.

How long did it take you guys to recover? When did you start to get better? When were you able to do 'normal' things?

Sorry for the questions but thank you so much for the support.
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelily View Post
i'm there too with the panic, and it's been hard to do much of anything. i tried cleaning my room a bit but got tired. I'm mostly sleeping a lot, because I've been having a hard time sleeping at night as it nears 5am now. It helps me relax hanging around online. But I have a lot of stuff to do too.
Hi Katelily,

I'm so pleased it's not just me. Good luck with your operation.

xx
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:35 AM

I only had 8 days notice before my surgery, so I had less time to panic...I was more worried about work and getting everything ready there....I knew my husband and our three teenage girls would be taking care of me, themselves and the house while I was home recovering....Im glad I didnt have more time, I would have driven everyone nuts, LOL

Good luck to you all...the other side is awesome!
Unread 08-22-2013, 09:32 AM

I was the same way hon, it's hard to relax, i know. I had a month to fall apart, and a lot to do and no energy to do it with. I made lists, I asked for help on some things, and only tried to do a couple things a day that were necessary, and made 'me' time as well in there. The Sisters here were my life jacket keeping me afloat. I came home yesterday after 1 day at the Castle. i feel pretty good. Very little pain, just a lot of tiredness. If people promising to visit make you feel pressured, limit the amount of visitors a day, schedule them if you have to. it's all about you, and your healing, just remember, we are always here for you ((HUGS)). it will be better. <3

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register