Scheduled TAH Almost time | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Almost time

Hi friends =)

My name is Melissa. I am 34. I have two boys ages 16 and 10 =) I am married to Joey and we have been together for almost 18 years.

I have Stage 4 Endometriosis and was diagnosed almost 10 years ago. I have had two Laps, one resulting in the removal of an ovary. The past six months, health wise, have been very hard on my body. I am to a point where I am in daily pain and need the help of powerful pain narcotics to get me through some very hard days. I saw my GYN in April and I did have a normal pap =) My GYN did an in office ultrasound, vaginal and my uteras was enlarged, I had cysts, polyops, and my insides (organs) were "cemented" together.I was already expecting this, as woman whom have stage 4 Endometriosis have this happen.

My GYN and I had put off performing a Hysterectomy because at the time I was only 30 and I did not want to be put into surgical menepouse. I know this is not a cure all, however with the chance of cancer being present I need to and want to eliminate all of this.

With my pain being so severe and my insides as bad as they are, myself,GYN and my husband all decided this will be the best route. I am having a total abdominal hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oopherectomy done on this upcoming Monday, June 8th. I will be in the hospital for 3/4 days. I am nervous which is okay. I am more nervous about going under anesthia. Have any of you ladies have this anxiety too? Is there anything maybe you can tell me to make me feel more at ease?

It is funny you know, I have already had three operations and the anesthia part never gets easy for me.

Thanks HysterSister family <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Re: Almost time

Hi Melissa:

Our anxiety about our upcoming surgery is normal. Have you asked your dr for some anti-anxiety meds?

If you prefer a non-pharmaceutical relaxation route, I recommend meditating, prayer, drinking herbal teas, deep breathing, visualization of the whole procedure going well, massage, journaling, daily affirmations....and then there is always just a good cry on the shoulder of someone who understands.

These are just a few of the things I am using or plan to use as the day approaches. I hope you find something to give you some relief.
Unread 06-04-2009, 08:52 AM

Hi there..
I think that I was nervous about everything.. I remember the first thing that I remember when I woke up..was I am awake.. i woke up .. so yes I understand what you are going through.. My surgery was 9 days ago. The best thing to do is keep your mind busy before the surgery.. understand that these people do this every day and have so many practices in place to be sure that you are ok during the surgery. I was concerned too because I have asthma and that is what my doctor told me.. that they were really good at doing this.. think of all the people that go in every day.. Soon you will be on your way home to recover.. Best of luck to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2009, 11:24 AM

Hi there and I am a bit anxious myself about going "under" I have had to contact my Dr for some anxiety meds because I just couldn't handle it on my own. I go to the on Wednesday the 10th. I am having a LAVH (possible TAH) with my right ovary and tube removed! I also have a cancer concern so you are definatley not alone!!

to you while you wait these last few days out!
I look forward to getting to know you better!!!!

Unread 06-04-2009, 12:05 PM

Wow, you guys are the best. Thanks so much for the comfort. It really does make such a difference when you hear about other woman going through this. I really wish you all the best of luck. What a great site this is!
Unread 06-04-2009, 12:36 PM

Welcome Melissa!
I go on 6/12 and am very excited. I am 41, married 20 years this year , and we have a 15 year old son. I have not had half the medical issues as many other sisters, but the pain (coming in the last 3 years or so) was not acceptable and I asked for the hysterectomy. You should definitely read more and just know that you are not the only one feeling this way. Make sure Joey takes really good care of you after your visit to the castle!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register