Dealing with adenmyosis at a YOUNG age | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dealing with adenmyosis at a YOUNG age Dealing with adenmyosis at a YOUNG age

Unread 10-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Dealing with adenmyosis at a YOUNG age

Hello everyone my name is Jacky, Im a 21 year old art student I found this site well seaching for a support forum, I have an amazing fiance who has been by my side the entire time I have been sick, as well as my friends and family (mainly my mother) but its hard sometimes to see the amount of stress pain and fear that instill in them three years ago well actually almost four, I was admited into the hospital around christmas time for serious pain in my abdomen, i could not eat anything, i was unable to even keep down water, i spent the entire day in the hospital only to go home, and return to the hospital again 2 weeks later, this rotinue continued for about a year my primary doctor put my through every test possible a year after the first amount of pain started i lost my grandmother to cancer, it became even more serious then from the stress the pain flared horridly i have been given 2 upper GI endoscopies, 6 CT scans about 4 ultra sounds and finally a investigative laproscopy when i had this the doctor at the time was a cruel and uncaring man, my first apt. with him he literly made me pull up my dress and have a pap smear infront of my fiance, something that I would never of alloweed before, when he did the surgery he told my father and fiance that i needed a full hysterctomy ovaries and all that i had no options and he had no time to talk to them about it, when i had the follow up apt. A MONTH after the surgery with him to set up a date for the surgery he flat out told me and my fiance that i was simply over exgagerating the pain, that the BC that i was on should be taking care of the pain and that i was simply a drug addict (because i had been put on norco to deal with the pain) lets just say that he is no longer my doctor after loosing anothe doctor that i really had wanted to see because he was an old family friend i finally found an AMAZINGLY caring compasionate doctor he cared for our opinons and are wants he conformed that i suffer from an accelerated case of Adenomyosis and that i also probably will always suffer from a chronic pain condition he informed my finance and i that whatever decision we choose to take that he would support us all the way, he went as far as to try and old medicine called amatrypaline (old age anti depressant) that was know to help with pelvic pain (well i had to stop that treatment because the meds literary made me feel like a zombie!!!) we waited for the tar to go through with medical only to be denied surgery due to "insufficient medical reasoning for surgery) lets just say that were fighting for the surgery now, i have always wanted children but the fact is that i cannot even have intercourse to conceive a child due to my condition, i would rather be able to be a functioning member of society then be stuck in bed swallowing pills and being a drain on my family and friends, i had to stop school for a year i could not work barely get out of bed its REDICULOSE so I'm here for support it would help to talk to someone besides my friends and family anything would help thank you for your time ladies!!! ANY ANY ANY INFO ON OPTIONS OR WAYS TO PETION MEDICAL FOR SURGERY ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Re: Dealing with adenmyosis at a YOUNG age

Hello artsaved,
Welcome to this great place of support! I am 28 and just had my full hysterectomy 4 weeks ago (as of tomorrow). I had horrific pain both during periods and daily for years. After trying every possible treatment for endometriosis without success I decided with my very caring doctor to proceed with surgery. It was hard for me to know that this would be so "final," that I will not be able to bring children in the world thru my own body. I will, however, still find a way to be a mother. It sounds like you have a wonderful and very supportive fiance and I hope that he can continue to be at your side on this difficult journey.

It took some work to get my surgery approved as well. My surgeon filed an appeal explaining in great detail how severe my condition and pain were. After he did that it was approved a short time later.

I am sorry that you are having such a hard time though I am glad you have found this site. Please know I am thinking of you and would be happy to talk anytime you need to!! Hang in there and know it will get better!!!
Unread 10-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Re: Dealing with adenmyosis at a YOUNG age

Thank you for the support Gillybeans, I am currently with Medical I have another type of insurance that if medical drops me will pay for my birth control that I am on and my Gynecologist apts. but that is all, my Gyno immediately appealed their denial of the surgery and he was told the same thing, it is up to me and hopefully the support of my Gyno and primary doctor to gather the information and medical support as to why I should be given this surgery, my fiancée (Robert) goes to each dr. apt and is with me constantly I honestly wouldn't make it without him, we talked a lot about attempting a pregnancy, but were not married yet, and live currently with our parents due to my sickness and finical problems on top of that not to be crude but we cannot even really have intercourse without serious pain, so the thought of a child is a heavy one on our hearts, i truly believe though that there are MILLIONS of kids out in the world that need "mommies" like both you and I will one day be!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register