Post-ablation and still heavy cramps | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-ablation and still heavy cramps Post-ablation and still heavy cramps

Unread 02-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Post-ablation and still heavy cramps

I had an endo ablation on October 4th, 2006. I experienced a very heavy period on Oct 22 and again on Nov. 26 and then nothing. Hooray for me!! I love not having cycles.

The problem is that when I should be having a period, I have extremely bad cramps and I feel very nauseous with a headache. My cramps were never this bad when I did have a flow! All I want to do is crawl in a hole and hide. Is it normal to still be experiencing such heavy cramps without a flow?

Hopefully someone can advise me of what to do next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2007, 01:32 PM

Have you spoke with your doctor about what is happening and what might be going on? Your doctor may also have some options as to how to ease your pain and nausea.

in there and best wishes to you!
Unread 02-20-2007, 01:55 PM

I had ablation done 2 yrs ago I have really bad cramps to were I have to lay in bed or the bathtub. Im having my Hysterectomy done due to the cramps and the heavy bleeding I have again I had NO bleeding for 18 months and it has all started again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2007, 01:57 PM

HI, I can share my experience with ablation. I had it done for heavy flow too. About 6 months later the pain kicked in. I ALWAYS had a period, just lighter. Managable, I told my doctor. I started having cramps, and most of all a back pain/pressure that was terrible. I think the ablation caused the pain. I was great with the lesser flow, however 2 1/2 years later the back pain was chronic and I chose a hyst. 12 days out and the back pain is gone. good luck
Unread 02-21-2007, 10:05 AM

I had ablation done also Aug 05 now have extreme cramps feels like I am in labor Dr. says it is from scar tissue no periods. Now I am having a hyst. can't deal with the pain.
Unread 02-22-2007, 06:52 AM

Hi teacher

Here is a link to a website with message boards about ablation: http://www.endometrialablationdiscussion.com/

I hope you are feeling better soon. I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 02-22-2007, 01:02 PM

Teacher,
If it's only happening during your cycle you could try a watch and wait for the first year. If it starts happening all the time you should get it taken care of. I was not bleeding, but blew up every month more and more and more after my ablation. I guess every month several new fibroids would form. It got to the point I couldn't bend down or wash my dishes without the pain of my swollen belly everyday. I had my ablation Feb 06 and hyst Oct 06. My docs kept asking me if it was cyclical and if it was I would have waited, but it wasn't and kept growing. Good luck to you and hope it subsides soon. The website Twyla mentioned is very good and helped me a lot after my ablation. They'll let you know what's normal and what isn't. I didn't find the docs very knowledgeable about ablations, but they sure do know about hysts. That in itself was very hard after ablation.
Hang in there,
Tara

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register