Anyone dealt with severe lower back/butt pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone dealt with severe lower back/butt pain? Anyone dealt with severe lower back/butt pain?

Unread 06-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Anyone dealt with severe lower back/butt pain?

I am SO uncomfortable. My lower back/butt hurts SO bad. I can't find a place to sit in my house, where I'm comfortable. It's getting more & more uncomfortable to drive. And sleep. I am living on Aleve, Tylenol & at times Percocet (left over from the Endometrial Ablation, which, by the way, didn't work). I have many fibroids, a uterus that's twice it's size, and I have Andenomyosis. I'm not sure WHAT is pressing on WHAT (inside of me) that is causing this back pain. (I've been to a Back Dr. ... he tried 3 months of Physical Therapy, it wasn't the answer). My OB/GYN wants to start me on LUPRON, to shrink the uterus to see if that's the answer. He's not sure if it's a large fibroid, or the uterus itself or possibly some endometriosis on the bowel??? Did anyone else have BACK PAIN prior to their Hysterectomy? I have been dealing with this for 3 months, non-stop, and it's making me crazy!!! Thanks for any/all help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Re: Anyone dealt with severe lower back/butt pain?

I had lower backaches from having endometriosis. But not anything like what you are describing! Ladies with endo, adneo, and/or fibroids have all posted about having issues with lower back pain. It can be hard to separate exactly what condition is causing what symptom!

Have you considered a second opinion about what might be best for you? What types of tests have you had to confirm your diagnoses?

Endometriosis can only be definitely confirmed via surgery, often a laparoscopy. If you have endo, you will want a knowledgeable involved with any future surgery as their is no cure for endo. Any of it that is left can create future issues. For instance, it was endo left on my bowel walls that helped lead to my lap last year, years after my hysterectomy.

Adenomyosis cannot be 100% diagnosed until pathology following a hysterectomy but a hysterectomy is a cure for adeno! Some doctors can make a pretty educated guess based on symptoms, possible boggy uterus, and MRI.

There are a variety of ways to diagnose and treat fibroids.

We have a lot of information in our Resource Database that you might find helpful!

I wish you all the best and hope you can find some relief for your back soon! A heating pad and/or ice pack along with your meds might help offer some relief. in there!

Unread 06-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Re: Anyone dealt with severe lower back/butt pain?

Thank You for your good wishes!!! Let's see ... can I remember all of the tests that I've had through the years to try to figure out what was causing my "menstrual" issues??? LOL! Most recently, I had an MRI & CT Scan of my Pelvis/Lumbar Region (which showed the fibroids & enlarged uterus), I had the Ablation (they could only do 1/2 of the uterus, because of it's size). Just prior to that, I had two ultrasounds (regular & vaginal) which showed the Adenomyosis (I think they said my uterus was gloppy, but boggy is a good word!). In years past I had a D & C, and I did have a Lap to look for Endo a long time ago (they ended up removing an ovarian cyst). I hate the idea of a Hysterectomy. The reason for the Ablation ... I had a "period" that was so bad, I ended up in the Emergency Room ... the ER Dr. took a Q-tip and pulled out 35 golf ball size clots and hollered "Get her OB/GYN in here now!" ... since the Ablation I've had non-stop back/butt pain. I've had issues all my life (I'm 43, I've had my period since I was 10), but, they really seem to be intensifying now. Ugh. Thanks again for your help!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register