Any recommendations of Robotic Surgeons/Hosptials? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any recommendations of Robotic Surgeons/Hosptials? Any recommendations of Robotic Surgeons/Hosptials?

Unread 08-31-2009, 04:12 AM
Any recommendations of Robotic Surgeons/Hosptials?

Hi everyone,
I have recently been confirmed as having moderate Adenomyosis by MRI. I've been suffering for a many years without knowing the cause - have had consistently high CA125 blood tests etc.

Finally a diagnosis and now I am researching hysterectomy options. I have a complicated medical history (Cancer, pancreatitis, chronic pain/spine disease, etc.)

I wondered if anyone could guide me in the way of finding a skilled compassionate Robotic surgeon to perform my surgery.
I live in on the East Coast/NY area - but am willing to travel.
Unfortunately I cannot take any narcotic pain medication post-op due to my pancreas condition (causes bile duct spasm). Thus, I thought the Robotic surgery might be my best approach promising quicker recovery and minimal pain.

Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2009, 04:38 AM
Re: Any recommendations of Robotic Surgeons/Hosptials?

I live in MD, had da vinvci (robotic assisted) surgeon on August 10th and am doing great. I was driving 4 days later. I had no post op pain, and was walking the halls of the hospital the same night. Went home at 9AM the next morning. I could not have asked for a better outcome. I had a 3 week check up last week and everything looks great. I still cannot lift anything heavy.

Will return to work next week. I could have returned this week, but am staying home just for precautions and to give myself more time to heal.

My surgeon was <oops! name of physician removed per site guidelines!> at University of Maryland Medical Center.

If you want more information, please let me know,.
Unread 08-31-2009, 04:46 AM

Thanks Triimper!
Your testimony is AMAZING! I am so happy things went so well for you. Did you have the surgery for Adeno - or other painful condition? Are you feeling much better if so? I sure hope so.

I actually have my first consultation today at Yale University Medical in Connecticut. I will definitely take down your dr.s name and info and put it on my list. Maryland would be more of a journey - but it sounds like you were in very good hands.

No Narcotics needed? Even post-op? That is music to my ears. I feared being in awful pain and not being able to get any relief.

Again - much thanks. I appreciate! R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2009, 04:52 AM

Hi R. All I remember is they wantd to give me something after surgery and I said no. All I took was Motrin 800 mg. The antibiotics made me sick twice so I stopped taking them as well.

My recovery was pushed a little bit with the driving. My sister got ill suddenly and when I received the phone call that they were taking her off of life support, I had no choice but to drive. But I had enough sense to pull over if I felt dizzy which I didnt.

Everyone is amazed at how well I am doing post-op. I even have my surgery on DVD and yes, I watched it...lol

Good luck with your appointment.

I have always had dysfunctional uterine bleeding, but when my papsmear and biopsies came back at dysplasia, I wasnt going to chance it and had a total hysterectomy and am glad I did. The hot flashes are alot to be desired, but I will work thru it.
Unread 08-31-2009, 06:47 AM

I also had a da vinci hysterectomy with a great surgeon down here in FL, <oops! name of physician removed per site guidelines!> at the MD Anderson Hospital.

No narcotics needed afterwards.....she gave me the ok to drive 4 days out but I had nowheres I had to go so I waited until later......pretty much an uncomplicated recovery

good luck on your dr's appt.....hopefully you'll find a good surgeon nearby and can be on your way to a better quality of life...........
Unread 08-31-2009, 09:10 AM

I love down in Southern California and will be having the davinci on weds 09/02 my doctor is excellent but I know traveling down here is out of the question lol but if you go to the davinci website you can find a surgeon close to you and then research that doctor and the facility where the procedures are preformed .
Unread 08-31-2009, 05:30 PM

I live near Atlantic City, NJ and the hospital there has a DaVinci. I haven't had my surgery yet but I love my doctor. PM me for his name if you are intrested.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register