Full week of work starts tomorrow, pretty down about it... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Full week of work starts tomorrow, pretty down about it... Full week of work starts tomorrow, pretty down about it...

Unread 08-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Full week of work starts tomorrow, pretty down about it...

5 weeks out of a SAH here. I have had complications but I am on the mend. While I went back to work last Thursday, this will be the first full week of work. (kids start tomorrow..I am a teacher)
I HAD been sleeping pretty good till the last two nights. I think Im just subconsciously worried about being able to mind, body, and soul handle the week.
I am still bleeding off and on, feeling this funky uncomfortable cervical pressure and of course the swelly belly that is so lovely.....and....I'm not completely sure I'm not developing a UTI. I SO hope not....after Levaquin, Flagyl, and Clindamycin ...I would really like to be done with antibiotics for a while now.

Ok...really sorry for the total whine fest here....Im just down to the ninth hour here and wish I had more time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Re: Full week of work starts tomorrow, pretty down about it...

Sending you a hug. You are not whining you are sharing and that is what this site is all about. Sharing the fun of recovery, the real recovery is when we get the all clear begins. When we try to do all we did pre surgery I think. Though it will be a challenge remember to not be hard on your self and share with your fella sisters
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:29 PM

Thank you It's just hard knowing that my body needs the 8 weeks she was willing to give me off....yet I know myself and starting back when I did is the thing I feel like I needed to do.
It's just going to be a day by day...or moment by moment thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2013, 04:27 PM

Sending you many hugs. I too am a teacher, and I know how difficult it can be at school. I will be returning next week after four weeks. If you feel tired, make you you sit down, and rest whenever you have a chance.

Wishing you a good recovery. Take care
Unread 08-26-2013, 06:49 PM

I hope your day went ok I remember on the pre op forum saying, five weeks, that seems short lol and here it is, already done with! How time flies when we are all having so.much.fun! anyway take it slowly this week! Let us know how you are doing!
Unread 08-28-2013, 06:18 AM

Thanks guys. It has been a really difficult week. Each day has been harder than the one before. By the end of the day yesterday I hurt so bad and was so swollen. By the time I went to bed my belly was hard feeling on the left side (lots of work done on that side) and I actually took pain meds (haven't for several weeks) and fell asleep with a heating pad. I feel only marginally better now than I did at nightfall right now... And it's 7am! I already had a Follow-up scheduled for today... So thankfully I only work a half day today. I literally thought something was seriously wrong last night it hurt so bad.
Unread 08-28-2013, 06:37 AM

I had my TAH BSO started out laprascope on July 15! I go back today... I wish I could afford to wait 2 more weeks as well! I didn't fit in any work pants this morning related to swelly belly
Unread 08-28-2013, 07:54 AM

Hugs from me too Photochick. Make sure you pamper yourself particularly well this weekend. You deserve it. xx
Unread 08-28-2013, 11:55 AM

I was v nervous too about returning to work after 6 weeks but it went fine and I had a radical abdominal hysterectomy. Getting back in a routine and away from the sofa helped w energy. Standing though for extended periods would be a problem. Good luck!!
Unread 08-31-2013, 03:10 PM

Thanks guys This has been the hardest week and a half of my life I do believe. Going to bed really early and my abdominal binder is all that has saved me. My day started off at 5 yesterday with blood suddenly running down my leg and onto the kitchen floor.
An ultrasound Wednesday showed a pocket of fluid that hasn't resolved itself yet. Hopefully that is all this is. The bleeding has slowed down thank goodness. Thank goodness for the long weekend as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register