Silver lining?? No more bladder leakage post hysterectomy! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Silver lining?? No more bladder leakage post hysterectomy! Silver lining?? No more bladder leakage post hysterectomy!

Unread 08-22-2015, 06:10 PM
Silver lining?? No more bladder leakage post hysterectomy!

So, prior to my hyst, I had fairly significant bladder leakage issues. It was so annoying, but since I was bleeding all the time, I always had a pad on and it was pretty far down on my medical needs, so I never addressed it with anyone.

Fast forward to now - about 1month after my hyst - and I've had NO more leakage! My uterus was very enlarged. Could it be that is was pushing on my bladder and now that the pressure is off, my issues may be resolved? Hallelujah! Having clean and dry panties is awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2015, 06:21 PM
Re: Silver lining??

Absolutely possible and very likely. I had asked my surgeon for a bladder sling because of my incontinence and he told straight out "I think the hysterectomy alone will solve that for you". I also had a very enlarged uterus. I'm only 1 week post op, so I don't want to jinx myself here but so far so good. I haven't had any leakage either and I'm still quite swollen.

Yesterday was the first day I actually wore underwear because I was going to the hospital and I was pleasantly surprised when I got home hours later and found not even a drop.
Unread 08-22-2015, 06:28 PM

It's pretty awesome! I hope we both can say toodleoo to that issue!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2015, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyAmy View Post
So, prior to my hyst, I had fairly significant bladder leakage issues. It was so annoying, but since I was bleeding all the time, I always had a pad on and it was pretty far down on my medical needs, so I never addressed it with anyone.

Fast forward to now - about 1month after my hyst - and I've had NO more leakage! My uterus was very enlarged. Could it be that is was pushing on my bladder and now that the pressure is off, my issues may be resolved? Hallelujah! Having clean and dry panties is awesome!
So happy for you! I have pretty much the same story pre-op. GYN said a fairly large fibroid was pressing on my bladder so she feels I will see improvement. So far so good, but I'm not getting rid of my cloth pads just yet. I'm going to wait to see what happens when I use the treadmill and I know it will be a while before I am up to that.
Unread 08-23-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriswife View Post
So happy for you! I have pretty much the same story pre-op. GYN said a fairly large fibroid was pressing on my bladder so she feels I will see improvement. So far so good, but I'm not getting rid of my cloth pads just yet. I'm going to wait to see what happens when I use the treadmill and I know it will be a while before I am up to that.
I hear you. I miss the treadmill, too! Wishing you the best!!
Unread 08-23-2015, 06:27 PM
Re: Silver lining?? No more bladder leakage post hysterectomy!

Quote:
I hear you. I miss the treadmill, too! Wishing you the best!!
Thank you.
Unread 08-23-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriswife View Post
Thank you.
BTW, I am also Chris' wife!
Unread 08-23-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
BTW, I am also Chris' wife!
Unread 08-23-2015, 09:25 PM

I am almost 3 weeks post-op and my uterus was at a 20 week size due to fibroids. Incontinence was a real problem and it is GONE! I am beyond happy about that. It was certainly due to my uterus pressing down on my bladder.
Unread 08-25-2015, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Peach View Post
I am almost 3 weeks post-op and my uterus was at a 20 week size due to fibroids. Incontinence was a real problem and it is GONE! I am beyond happy about that. It was certainly due to my uterus pressing down on my bladder.
Very happy for you! It's life-changing, isn't it?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register