No bleeding 20 hours after hysterectomy. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No bleeding 20 hours after hysterectomy. No bleeding 20 hours after hysterectomy.

Unread 06-17-2016, 07:23 AM
No bleeding 20 hours after hysterectomy.

Hello,
I am less then 20 hours post-op, was released at 6 hours post. I had the davinchi procedure and kept my ovaries. I was told if I soack a pad an hour that's too much and to call in, so with that I expected at least some mild bleeding but I haven't even spotted. Is this also normal?
Thanks! <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2016, 07:32 AM
Re: No bleeding post op

I have had the same experience. I am now 9 days post op and not a spit if blood. Had laparascopic assisted vaginal full hystorectomy. Kept ovaries onky.
Unread 06-17-2016, 07:35 AM
Re: No bleeding post op

Hi there,
I had the same procedure and no bleeding the first couple of days. I did have spot bleeding (I only noticed it on toilet paper after wiping) once I was home. I even stopped wearing pads. I am 2 weeks post op now and have had more discharge/spotting. I had a post op appt today and my Dr. attributed it to dissolving stitches. Honestly, I'm happy to say that recovery from this procedure has been pretty uneventful so far (knock on wood). Hoping the same for you.
-Lisa McG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2016, 09:50 AM
Re: No bleeding post hysterectomy.

No bleeding to light spotting at any point during the recovery is all within the normal range.

I didn't start spotting, besides immediately after bowel movements, until week 3 when my stitches started dissolving.
Unread 06-17-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingSunAcres View Post
Hello,
I am less then 20 hours post-op, was released at 6 hours post. I had the davinchi procedure and kept my ovaries. I was told if I soack a pad an hour that's too much and to call in, so with that I expected at least some mild bleeding but I haven't even spotted. Is this also normal?
Thanks! <3

and yup, no bleeding is also normal. I'm 4+ weeks post-op and haven't had any bleeding. It's also normal to have no bleeding at first, but somewhere around 2-4 weeks out to have some spotting. Sometimes that's attributable to stitches dissolving or earlier scar tissue being replaced by fresher, stronger tissue.

Best wishes for a textbook recovery!
Unread 06-17-2016, 10:03 AM

Thanks so much for the answers ladies!
Unread 06-17-2016, 01:40 PM

I am right there with you. Not one drop of blood. I am 11 days out. I am counting my blessings because it is one less thing to have to deal with. Hallelujah- that is one of the few " perks" of a hysterectomy in my book!
Unread 06-17-2016, 01:40 PM

I didn't bleed at all and I am 5 weeks post op. My doctor didn't seem concerned at all.
Unread 06-17-2016, 01:48 PM

I did not have any bleeding till week 3and 4 very light but need liners ,I am told it was sutures .Only thing was if it was heavy which it has not been .
Unread 06-17-2016, 06:23 PM

I had no bleeding. A bit of spotting a couple of weeks after, either due to stitches or really over doing it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register