8 weeks post hysterectomy today, faint spotting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 weeks post hysterectomy today, faint spotting 8 weeks post hysterectomy today, faint spotting

Unread 07-20-2016, 10:49 PM
8 weeks post hysterectomy today, faint spotting

So I have a very faint light tan spotting. I walked at lunch yesterday, and cleaned a bit and vaccumed today. Is is just because I am doing more now? I have the faintest twinges in the pelvic area, nothing major though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2016, 05:00 AM
Re: 8 weeks today, faint spotting

I had similar at 8 weeks but then my turned red. I called the Dr to be on the safe side and they wanted to see me. She figured it was probably granulation but it actually turned out to be a stitch way up on the way left side, so far that she couldn't even get to. I was told to take it easy another two weeks and that if it continued to happen to come back and she'd get some long scissors from an operating room to cut the stitch.

I think it's always best to call your Dr to check. If it is granulation that's something they can take care of easily in the office.
Unread 07-21-2016, 06:31 AM

I decided to put a message into her just to be safe
I was told no sex until 12 weeks, so I know that didn't have anything to do with it..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2016, 10:49 AM
Re: 8 weeks post hysterectomy today, faint spotting

I was told it was normal to spot until all the stitches are gone. This would depend upon the type of stitches that your doc used. Like the other poster said, it could be granulation as well. For me, it was a combination of the two. It's good you put a call in to your doc.
Unread 07-21-2016, 10:55 AM

I definitely agree with the stitches thing. I learned when I went back last week, when I was in the same boat as you, that my Dr uses stitches that dissolve between 90-180 days. I was surprised by that one!
Unread 07-22-2016, 08:16 PM

Hi sorry to gate crash this question but I'm experiencing similar but some of the replies have confused me. When you talk about stitches does this mea there coming away and also what is granulation. Sorry if I seem thick but thought I'd ask ?
Unread 07-22-2016, 08:29 PM

The stitches should dissolve Laylamac and you may notice them coming out but you also may not. Granulation is basically scar tissue that has formed and can sometimes cause bleeding issues but is easily taken care of in your Dr's office.
Unread 07-23-2016, 08:52 AM

I'm doing the same thing. I'm 6.5 weeks post op. I am spotting too but not much. Little pinkish, a couple times darker for the past week. I've been on a trip and walked a ton! I thought it may be from that. I'm going to dr Wed for 7 week post op. Has anyone had dr clear them for "activity" with this happening or lingering stitches. I feel great and no pain. I have an anniversary trip this weekend! I'm already getting a little down in the dumps so I know postponing our weekend will not help!
Unread 07-23-2016, 09:17 AM

Along with my taking it easy I was told no intercourse for the two weeks too. Guessing that's what you mean by activity?
Unread 07-29-2016, 02:27 PM

My doc didn't seem phased by the spotting B. She said take it easy on the vacuuming. I haven't spotted since and had done a fair amount of walking. I have three weeks until cleared for sex (total wait of 12) we shall see how that goes...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register