5 Weeks LAVH-1st Day Back To Work | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 Weeks LAVH-1st Day Back To Work 5 Weeks LAVH-1st Day Back To Work

Unread 04-26-2005, 05:41 PM
5 Weeks LAVH-1st Day Back To Work

WOW!!! I'm exhausted. I sat at my desk this morning, the phone started ringing and I just kinda sat there and said. what am I doing here? I was tired before the day got started! Made it thru ok, alot of up & down, no heavy lifting but tired to my bones. I noticed some bleeding around lunch time & called my Dr., told me my stitches were coming out (good thing) but not to overdue it and monitor bleeding. Is that common? Not sure I made the right call, should've taken another week. How's everyone else feeling???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2005, 05:50 PM
i know how you feel

I went back after 4 weeks on April 11 and it was touch and go that first day. I'm feeling better but I'm still swollen by the end of the day.
Unread 04-26-2005, 06:27 PM
1st day back

I went back to work today too. I am 6 weeks TAH. I am a EC Teacher Assistant and I spend most of my day on my feet. I am pretty much one-on-one with a 12 yr. boy who has CP. My husband made me promise that I would not lift him out of his wheelchair and I kept the promise. It took me 4 weeks to start feeling good and I am not going to take any chances. I have worked with the same teachers and ta's for 10 years and we look out for each others. My class has 2 swimming lessons and Special Olympics this week. I am going to try to pace myself and spend alot of time on the couch afterschool. I think we all to remember that we just had MAJOR surgery and we don't need to go back and try to be wonder women.

Good Luck!!
Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2005, 08:25 PM

I am a teacher and went back to work after 5 weeks, too. I was very tired at the end of the day and wasn't too active during the school day; I sat a lot and had my students do things I normally would. It took me about 3 weeks before I was back to normal at school.

isewquilts
Unread 04-26-2005, 09:32 PM
stupid, stupid me

I went back to work for 4 hours today and I was in agony. I'm 18 days post-op, not even 4 weeks yet, but my supervisor is giving me hell about me not being able to help with books and so on.

I tried today, came home in a lot of pain (my doc has no idea I did this) and took Dilaudid, hit the sofa and out I was. I promised I would work from home this afternoon, that went out the window.

My employer actually said to me "why are you already leaving?" when I told her I wasn't doing good and if I could work from home.

Don't get me wrong, my employer has been awesome to me. Supported me a whole year with the time out for kidney stones, pelvic issues, seizures. Now suddenly they are pressuring me soooo much. I feel so frustrated. If I didn't need the money I would tell them to go where the sun doesn't shine.

But 4 hours were waaaay too much for me already.
Unread 04-27-2005, 05:51 AM

I just posted in another thread about being exhausted returning to work @ 5 weeks! I'm 5 weeks today, and trying to return to 'normal' - worked 9 hours on Monday, felt pretty good. Tuesday I couldn't make it out the door! Rested/slept almost all day, and back at work today. I'm already tired after 2 1/2 hours....
Feel GREAT except when trying to return to 'normal' activities.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register