Upcoming hysterectomy 11/23: Stay at home moms and your recovery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 11/23: Stay at home moms and your recovery Upcoming hysterectomy 11/23: Stay at home moms and your recovery

Unread 11-12-2015, 07:21 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 11/23: Stay at home moms and your recovery

Hi,
I scheduled for a TVH on 11/23. My mom is here 2 help me while I feel I need it. I have a 14 yr old and a 1 yr old. How has recovery gone for other full time stay at home moms?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnea View Post
Hi,
I scheduled for a TVH on 11/23. My mom is here 2 help me while I feel I need it. I have a 14 yr old and a 1 yr old. How has recovery gone for other full time stay at home moms?
I am a stay at home Mom:-). I homeschool my 6 year old and have an 18 month old with cerebral palsy. I had help for the first three weeks, as I could not pick up the baby. My husband works from home and has been amazing this past week. I think the biggest problem for me is caring for the baby. I have to be creative--gave him a sponge bath last night in his high chair. I change his diapers on the floor and get him to crawl to where I need him. Sometimes he cooperates. I also fixed a lot of meals and froze them so after help left, I would have some meals without to much fuss. Remember most take 6-8 weeks off from work, while Moms are always at work when the kids are home.
Unread 11-15-2015, 10:29 PM

I am a stay at home mother as well, and on my third week of recovery from my TLH. I have a 14 year old daughter as well. She has been a great help during my recovery. I truly don't know what I'd do without her assistance. She does the dishes, helps me do the laundry (she washes and dries and I sit on the couch and fold it). I am fortunate to have my mother live with me who has been a God send! They both help with dinners and cleaning, thank goodness!

I think your biggest struggle will be your 1 year old, because we have lifting restrictions for weeks after surgery. As the previous poster said, get creative and do sponge baths once your help has to leave. And making several dinners and freezing them before surgery is a genius idea! I wish I would have thought of that one myself. Lol.

The best advice I can give you is to rest as much as possible, and listen to your body. It will definitely let you know when you've done too much. Also, be kind to yourself. You're about to have a major surgery and no one recovers over night. As far as the dust bunnies and the dishes, leave them. They'll still be there when you're better healed. I promise. Lol. Or maybe your 14 year old will be as helpful as mine and do the dishes for you. Teenagers are suck fickle creatures. Haha. Good luck my dear and please keep us posted on your recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register