Sorry posted this on POST-OP and meant to post on PRE | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sorry posted this on POST-OP and meant to post on PRE Sorry posted this on POST-OP and meant to post on PRE

Unread 04-02-2001, 04:19 AM
Sorry posted this on POST-OP and meant to post on PRE

I wanted to share this with the other ladies in waiting. I hope this helps. It took me close to 2 months to get to this point...maybe I can spare some of you the stress! Just remember though that what is right for me may not be what is right for you! I just wanted to share!

<<Well Sisters,
This is going to be long but I've been hanging out here since Valentines Day, thinking, worrying and reading and posting. I went from just removing ovary & HRT to TAH scheduled for 4/10. When I asked my Dr about the cervix he said he "always" removes it. No option. Why risk another surgery and cancer in the cervix. Not worth it. I've worried over HRT, ERT, sex, orgasms or lack of them, libido or lack of it, pain, more pain, anesthesia, surgery, recovery, jobs (lost mine as of April 30th..they won't wait 4 more weeks) and a whole other gammit of worries.
I wanted to share with you my conclusions of this whole mess. Mind you surgery still scares the heck out of me and always will so no matter how sweet everyone is...I"ll still be in a panic.
So here goes....
1. Cervix is going ( I hold Dr's advice highly)
2. Can't afford tummy tuck so a membership at the local fitness center will have to do.
3. Sex is sooo painful that removing the pain has to be a plus!
4. Paid dearly with heavy cramping for every orgasm so a subtle change in the big "O" will not be a big issue. There is much more to orgasm than earth shattering O's so a lesser or "different" orgasm will be ok. Our relationship is based on closeness so whatever we end up with we'll work with it. (DH says wants me better..the rest we'll work out)
5. HRT or ERT..whatever works for me I'll stick with
6. DH says absultutely princess treatment for a full 6 weeks no less...then spend week 7 to 8 GRADUALLY getting momentum back..(he still does laundry even when I'm not bedridden-dishes too, even cooks when he has to!) I've been sick so often with adenomyosis and fibroids that I'm sad to say that he has helped a lot!
7. Life is what you make it and I plan to enjoy the fact that I'll be alive to enjoy it..the rest is small stuff.
8. Don't sweat the small stuff.
9. Keep a positive attitude...after climbing the mountain there'll be a sweet grass meadow on the other side!
10. Hystersisters....you ladies are G-R-E-A-T!

so with all that said...I can't wait till I have my crown!
When I'm ready and recovered I'll find a new job and feel 100% better to boot.
(((hugs)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2001, 04:41 AM

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom. I too am a nervous wreck and I am waiting for that day (April 9)

The things you wrote really helped. I am on the verge of an anxiety attack today.

Aunt Lane
Unread 04-02-2001, 06:24 AM

Glad to meet you. I'm also heading to the castle on 4/10. Counting down the days. Can't wait for the date, orgasm leaves me curled up in a ball in pain from the cramping and such. DH can't wait until June - I told him that was when we could try again. Sex has got to be better than this! It used to be wonderful.

I've been trying to teach my kids how to do laundry. We'll see if they remember.

My Mom and Mom-in-Law are going to come treat me like a princess for at least the first couple of weeks. Then we'll see what happens. My 7 year old likes to run the vaccum - not well, but she tries. Keeps trying to get me to pay her for it, though.

Later,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2001, 08:05 AM

I will go in on April 6, so I am only four days away. I am really scared, too. Who isn't?! It is one of those things...and quite frankly, I am allergic to pain. My best friend is coming for the first week post-op, and then my mom is helping out for a few days. Then it is up to my hubby and church to help me out. See you all on the other side...
Unread 04-02-2001, 10:44 AM
Endless months and years of pain

Yes ladies the pain is going to be there, no doubt about it, but at least it will get better every day till it's gone. I've been living with years of pain, the last year the worst, and frankly I'm looking forward to feeling human again. I've been so tired and uncomfortable all the time.

I know from past surgery that it is one day at a time and not overdoing it will make your recovery quicker and easier. Overdoing it would be like taking one step forward and two steps back.

So, one baby step at a time we go.
I'll pray for all of you as I'm sure you will for me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register