Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen

Unread 03-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen

Hi to all the above replies. As your pain meds have differentnames to here in Oz I don't know of them,but as the abdominal scan I had showed I have fluid in a cavity, the doc put me on Ibrufen, but now I have had constipation for 2 days. After last night, trying to go to loo, I have an even sorer right side. I have slept nearly all day, it's now after 1 pm on Tuesday, and I just woke up and started crying, as it seems so hopeless. My friend came over for a few hours last night and as soon as I started moving around (very slightly the burning pain was back). I have another appt with my gynae tomorrow to see how that is going (previous one was 2 weeks ago) so will have to find out where to now.To Demples, I totally agree,my biggest fear is having to go back into hospital, as I already had 2 other hospital visits leading up to my hyster and don't want to go there again. I just want my life back!@!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharma
Hi to all the above replies. As your pain meds have differentnames to here in Oz I don't know of them,but as the abdominal scan I had showed I have fluid in a cavity, the doc put me on Ibrufen, but now I have had constipation for 2 days. After last night, trying to go to loo, I have an even sorer right side. I have slept nearly all day, it's now after 1 pm on Tuesday, and I just woke up and started crying, as it seems so hopeless. My friend came over for a few hours last night and as soon as I started moving around (very slightly the burning pain was back). I have another appt with my gynae tomorrow to see how that is going (previous one was 2 weeks ago) so will have to find out where to now.To Demples, I totally agree,my biggest fear is having to go back into hospital, as I already had 2 other hospital visits leading up to my hyster and don't want to go there again. I just want my life back!@!
Hi everyone,
Dharma I hope your appointment goes well. I have my appointment with my surgeon in 2 hrs., I am nervous, scared and close to tears. I just can't take my mind of the fact that I am going to have to endure another painful pelvic exam. I will give a report later when I return.

May God Bless Both Of Us!!
Unread 03-25-2008, 09:40 PM
To Demples re exam

Hi Demples, well had my exam, and have inflammation now higher up,not on scar, still on right side. Doc said the area where the fluid is seems less inflamed, but this higher area is awful today, so painful. He says although not normal, he still thinks it is because of all my problems since Jan.leading up to my hyster and being so run down. So now am back in bed with a different pain. Went to physio after and had more ultra sound so that might have stirred it up more. He now says I still can't drive.!!!! Wanted me to come back in 8 weeks, but that was only a few days before I am due to go to UK for my trip, so have made an appt for 6 weeks, unless things get worse before that. He still says that in another month I should notice a difference. I have to see the gynae oncologist who assisted in the op next Wed so will be interesting to see if he suggests anything else. I have full regard for both my gynae's who are considered the best in the State and are both very gentle,so I have to believe what they say. I can understand your fear. I felt very tearful also. My gynaea also gave me a script for Estrogren, as i started getting hot flushes a week ago and cry a lot. LOL.....what a lot we are.

I do hope it has gone well with you, and wonder how your pain is??

Cheers
Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 09:59 PM

Hi Vicki, I have a similar feeling on my right side, although it is not too painful. Having said that I was feeling really awful yesterday with the pain and frustration so I took some ibuprofen which really helped. I see my dr in another week and I'm really hoping that for me this feeling is just part of the recovery process and not anything else going wrong.

I hope you are feeling better soon.
Unread 03-26-2008, 12:57 AM

Hi sunflower

It's so good when I see someone else who has had their op about the same time as mine...mine was 21/2/08 the day after yours. I think I am expecting too much and my gynae says due to my recent problems medically, and being so run down that he expects I probably need another month. I am trying to tell myself to not be so hasty or anxious and really do just take it easy (even though I'm sure I am). However, I will try to do a small walk around the block each day, as I will never get enough strength for my overseas trip at the end of May. No one tells us about all this do they??

Hope you have good news with your doctor. I have to see my gyn oncologist next Wed but I expect him to basically tell me the same as my gynae as they work in tandem at times, and are both very careful and very cautious.

I have just decided to order my food from an online diet company that I have used before. The food is quite pleasant, and one of my biggest issues is having to get my mum, who is 77, to shop for me. She doesn't always get what I ask for, and half the time the food goes off in the fridge because I end up not eating. This way I get, breakfast lunch and dinner, for about the same cost as going to the supermarket, and hopefully I will actually be eating better than I am now.

Cheers for now.
Unread 03-26-2008, 08:31 AM
Tearing Pain is Finally Subsiding at day 14 !!!

I am so glad to report that the unbearable sharp, tearing pain is finally gone yesterday. 2 weeks after surgery. I stayed down on the sofa, did not do anything other than go to bathroom, shower, get meals for about 3 days. This helped so much. I did not do anything extra. Yesterday I worked 3 hours from home and was leaning forward putting pressure on my abdomen. The pain came back but not as intense. It was tolerable, like a big annoyance. This is such a relief that it's finally going away. So I hope this brings light at the end of the tunnel for everyone else that has this awful pain too. It also feels like someone else said a nerve was stitched and the stitch is dissolving, easing the pain. I have found the formula is simple and that is lot's of rest. Also SLOW MOVEMENTS. I move like a 90 year old woman as to not shake things up. I Wiped down about 20 feet of kitchen countertop and my kitchen appliances yesterday too. But I did this VERY SLOWLY, like a turtle. And no reaching or stretching to points that I feel tugging on my stitches. I stayed within these limits. I had to get some excersise and that needed to get done. Today I am going to swiffer very slowly. I thought it out and anything that does not involve strain, resistance, weight, pushing for a short time should be ok. I will not lift laundry.
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Going Back To The Castle

Hi Ladies,
I think I told you all that I made it through Easter but not painless. I blew up at the surgeon and told him that I know something is wrong with me and I am tired of hearing that it's just me being a slow healer.

I called my PCP once again and that really got the ball rolling! My surgeon had me come into the office on Tuesday and he did a pelvic and found what he called granulation, he applied silver nitrate ( I think ) and it has been feeling a great deal better . I had another CT Scan on Wednesday morning and was called to return to the hospital with my bag because my appendix is inflammed. I got really scared because I never had any trouble with this in the past.

I had eaten and just finished a couple of bottles of water just a little before the phone call so I am now scheduled for surgery on Thursday at 9:15 a.m.. I certainly hope this solves my pain issue. They are going to make 3 small holes or incisions which I am told will take 1-2 weeks to heal and I will be back to feeling like Daphene again. for me !! I will post again when I can.

Dharma I hope you are feeling some better today. and I know that we will both have pain free days and nights.

May God Bless!!
Unread 03-28-2008, 08:44 AM

Hi Sleepuhude.. has your burning pain stopped. I went to my grnae on Wed and he said it didnt feel as lumpy and I needed to hive it another month as I have had a lot of problems since Jan...before my hyster..having ultra sound at the physio as recommended by gynae. I have to see oncology gynae next Wed and will ask him about draining the fluid causing the brning as I don't see any improvement and am due to go overseas in May. Cant drive for another month now. Am so frustrated and sore.
Unread 03-28-2008, 09:56 AM

Hi Dharma,
I am sorry to hear that your burn hasn't subsided. Hopefully, the ultrasound will show something that can be done. Maybe the fluid is pressing on the nerves?? I pray that you will be able to go on your vacation in May. I was thinking of you last night wondering how you were coming along. Yes, my burning has subsided for now. I hope that it doesn't come back when I return to work on Sunday. I am getting frustrated along with you as I don't have any remedies to help you get in a better place. I can feel your pain, I have been there. I was wondering though, how come they haven't drained the fluid out yet? Why have they left it in if they think it might be the cause of your burn? If you don't get answers at next appointment, maybe you should "insist" something be done as you are getting more depressed as the days go by. That in itself can hinder your recovery, being depressed. I know it's hard to confront a DR. I do the same thing sometimes, just go with the flow, but there has been sometimes that I have had to "insist" something be done. I have a kinda same situation with my foot. I know it's not anything like a hyster but I have the burn and pain in my foot as I have had nerve damage and it won't get any better, just get worse. I have had 2 surgeries for neuromas, and I also had the 2nd metatarsal broken 2 times for a total of 2 years before it was discovered. My only recourse now is to take pain meds and something for the burning and tingling every day for who know how long. Well enough feeling sorry for myself,lol. I do hope you take some comfort that someone far away is thinking and praying for you.
Unread 03-28-2008, 12:34 PM
I feel so much better

I had my appendix removed yesterday and as of now I am feeling great. It was day surgery. While in recovery I had to go to urinate and I was prepared for my usual pressure and pain but to my surprise it never came. I came out clapping like a potty training 2yr.old. The burning and pain on my right side has not shown up today.

I am in some pain from the surgery and I am my stomach is upset but otherwise I think I may be on my way to feeling like my old self.

Before surgery the nurse at the hospital asked me about my pain level and I told her I was at an 8 headed to a 9 and she was surprised that I was not in tears. I told her that I had cried so much in the last 7 weeks that the only tears I would shed would be those of joy if they relieved my pain.

I will be home for at least another week or two and then I will be headed back to work. I miss my co-workers and I am somewhat tired of daytime t.v..

I hope everyone is well or at least making it through the day. I will keep you all updated on my progress.

May God Bless!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register