I'm back with questions again.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm back with questions again.. I'm back with questions again..

Unread 10-14-2007, 05:46 AM
I'm back with questions again..

Hello Sisters !

Its been a bumpy journey since my Hyst in March. I was released for going back to the gym 2 months ago but just started last week. I was doing crunches three days ago (did 2 sets of 10) and now I am in awful pain. Is this because My ab muscles were very week and now thier sore.. or could I have really hurt something ? I was doing fine till I worked out just wanted to get rid of that darn swelly belly.

Also, after 7 months post op my sex drive is out of wack ::sigh:: just when I realized sex no longer hurt after my Hyst (yeahhhhhhhh !) now I am having trouble doing anything cuz I am not getting umm "wet" Yes we use lube but its not the same. I do get wet every now and then but not all the time even though I am aroused. I have one overy left.. should I be doing any kind of HRT ? I'm using Progestorone Cream and massaging my breasts nightly with wild yam, fenugreek, fennel and saw palmetto extracts for a natural breast enhancement treatment (don't laugh I have gained a cup size lol) and it helps some but is thier anything extra I could take to boost my sex drive ? Anyone try Dong Quai ? I'm also taking EPO caps.

One other thing, as many of you know when I was here I have other medical problems going on. It seems they found I have Thyroid Cancer. They also suspect either MS, Lupus or Fibro (and diagnosed me with essential tremor) can't pin down which yet and won't do more tests till the Cancer issue is cleared up. So it seems I may have to have surgery to remove the growth on my thyroid and do radioactive iodine soon.

Anyone have any idea what treatment for Thyroid cancer will do to my hormone balance ? I've looked on the web but can't find a good support forum for Thyroid issues like we have here in our HysterSisters.

And lastly on a sad note I lost a very dear Girlfriend last month to overian Cancer, it seems She was released after her Hyst and died from internal bleeding.. same thing I nearly died from after my Hyst, please be careful Sisters that are going in for one. This is becoming too commen Esp in Nevada our Dr's and Hospitals are just awful here.

Sorry to throw this all into one long post.. just a lot been going on since I posted last. Hugs to all My Sister here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2007, 09:50 AM

Hello, dear. My, you have had a lot going on. I believe I wrote to you awhile back about thyroid, but I'm not sure. My sense, on that question, is that you will likely need to keep having your hormones/HRT adjusted as you go through the thyroid treatment. The thyroid is part of the overall endocrine system, as you know. Your HRT doctor should be able to help you with that one.

I know so little about HRT and natural remedies. I wondered if you might do better posting directly in the forum for the hormone jungle or hyster options and alternatives. Over there, the women regularly seem to address questions like yours.

And I want to say, most of all, I am very sorry for your loss of your girlfriend to ovarian cancer or the complications from her surgery. My heart goes out to you, sister.

I hope others come along really soon to talk with you about your questions here. And if they don't please consider trying a new thread in the different forums of relevance to the different questions you have. That way, we might find you some really useful observations from others.

Warm good wishes to you today.
Unread 10-14-2007, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiccanWoman
Hello Sisters !

Its been a bumpy journey since my Hyst in March. I was released for going back to the gym 2 months ago but just started last week. I was doing crunches three days ago (did 2 sets of 10) and now I am in awful pain. Is this because My ab muscles were very week and now thier sore.. or could I have really hurt something ? I was doing fine till I worked out just wanted to get rid of that darn swelly belly.

Also, after 7 months post op my sex drive is out of wack ::sigh:: just when I realized sex no longer hurt after my Hyst (yeahhhhhhhh !) now I am having trouble doing anything cuz I am not getting umm "wet" Yes we use lube but its not the same. I do get wet every now and then but not all the time even though I am aroused. I have one overy left.. should I be doing any kind of HRT ? I'm using Progestorone Cream and massaging my breasts nightly with wild yam, fenugreek, fennel and saw palmetto extracts for a natural breast enhancement treatment (don't laugh I have gained a cup size lol) and it helps some but is thier anything extra I could take to boost my sex drive ? Anyone try Dong Quai ? I'm also taking EPO caps.

One other thing, as many of you know when I was here I have other medical problems going on. It seems they found I have Thyroid Cancer. They also suspect either MS, Lupus or Fibro (and diagnosed me with essential tremor) can't pin down which yet and won't do more tests till the Cancer issue is cleared up. So it seems I may have to have surgery to remove the growth on my thyroid and do radioactive iodine soon.

Anyone have any idea what treatment for Thyroid cancer will do to my hormone balance ? I've looked on the web but can't find a good support forum for Thyroid issues like we have here in our HysterSisters.

And lastly on a sad note I lost a very dear Girlfriend last month to overian Cancer, it seems She was released after her Hyst and died from internal bleeding.. same thing I nearly died from after my Hyst, please be careful Sisters that are going in for one. This is becoming too commen Esp in Nevada our Dr's and Hospitals are just awful here.

Sorry to throw this all into one long post.. just a lot been going on since I posted last. Hugs to all My Sister here.

hi, wiccawoman,

sorry to hear you having a really tough time. surely your healing should be sufficient to exersise by now, so, hopefully it is just sore muscles from the exsising? fingers crossed that you feel better soon with that?

as for your hormones, when one is out, ALL of them go out, as they all work in together, synergistically. which would explain your lower libido? if you're looking for a good informative site for thyroid issues, try googling "stopthethryroidmadness"......which is very good.

and, all the best to you in your process of grieving for your lost friend. its a sad, and scarey thing when someone close to you dies from medical negligence. but, keep hoping.....gee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2007, 02:28 PM

Sorry about your pain, i had some thing similar i started to excersice and was going good but when i added crunches ( which i did a whole lot of them befor surgery) i was in horrible pain and it turne dout i had scar tissue and soemthing to do with the crunches moving the muscles and agrivating the scar tissue just a thought .. maybe talkign to your dr is a good idea he can help you on that.

Rephlense helped me alot with the dryness , you only have to use it a few times a week and it is nice.

that is horrible about yoru friend hun, big hugs and prayers to you.
hugs
Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register