Concerned about incision - need suggestions and information, please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Concerned about incision - need suggestions and information, please Concerned about incision - need suggestions and information, please

Unread 04-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Concerned about incision - need suggestions and information, please

I had to have surgery and have my hematoma removed 9 days after my hysterectomy because it was lodged on my bowel causeing horrid Diarrhea, anyways, I have an unside down T now and the cut for the hematoma is veru stubborn on the top end, its didnt meet as well as the rest of the incision and it looks all beefy *sorry if TMI* my surgeon dosent seem bothered by it wut it is leaking a little gooey stuff*not green* and I dont know whether to be cleaning it off or leaving it there. i remember a couple yrs ago my daughter had a nasty fall and tore her arm up, I kept cleaning the gooey stuff off her arm only to be told by the doc that it wasnt suppose to be cleaned off, that it was actually helping it heal, maybe some new cells forming??? If any sisters has any suggestions or any info on this I would greatly apreciate it...Im a worry wart and Im going on vacation in 2 weeks!!!!God speed to each of you and remember a day hemmed in prayer seldon unravels...keeps me going!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Re: Concerned about incision - need suggestions and information, please

Hi I have the same upside down T and where the incisions meet is called the junction and mine is also beefy and at the end of the day it swells at the juction I have hard lumps there but I also had a hard time healling there It drained for 5 wks until she cauterized it then it closed But from day 1 I was told to clean it with alcohol And it healed well no infection except it is ugly in that spot.I also had 5 drains in so I have incisions for them. also I look like I was riddled with a machine gun.
Happy to be alive. Hope this helps you.
Unread 04-20-2009, 05:20 AM

Thanks for the info Chello..Ive been worrying day and night about this....my surgeon seems to not worry about anything and now since the seeping has started he is gone on vacation...NOW theres a small amount of blood coming from it which scared me to death...I have an app't to see my family doctor in 3 days so hopefully he will do something to ease my mind..stay in touch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2009, 07:09 PM

Newfie I would also have small amounts of blood it seemed like when i would over due things a little At my 5wk ck up she also removed a scab from the junction that she said was hindrering it from healing it didn't hurt. She also cauterized it didn't feel a thing because im numb. I wouldn't worry i think it is normal let me know how you make out.
Unread 04-20-2009, 07:13 PM

I went to the nurse today and she said its a granulation, she is keeping an eye on it now and keeping it cleaned and dry for me...hope it goes away soon...thanks again

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register