dVH/RALH This sucks! PAIN 3 months Post Op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

This sucks! PAIN 3 months Post Op This sucks! PAIN 3 months Post Op

Unread 06-29-2011, 10:19 PM
This sucks! PAIN 3 months Post Op

I am 3 months post-op DvH/BSO for stage IV ENDO.

Pelvic & back pain only INCREASED after surgery.

5 1/2 hours of Anesthesia has caused extreme fogginess and memory loss.

Started PT 6 weeks ago. Diagnosed with a Rotated Pelvis and Coccyx. Pain is unbearable. PT helps some, but even with that, still dealing with daily pain in low back, hips, and groin/pubic area.

No HRT. Started Premarin but stopped due to moodiness and pain. No Thyroid due to Docs saying that I am still "in-range"

I am so overwhelmed trying to figure out what to do.

My PT and Pain Management Doc are saying that I have non-curable Neuropathic Pain, but I want more answers.

Is it my Endo? Adhesions? Fibromyalgia? I don't even know what doctor to call!

I cannot function in my daily life...standing for more than 10 minutes causes extreme pain in my lower back, hips and groin. Walking is okay, but has the same time limit as standing. Sitting is okay on soft surfaces, but agony on hard surfaces. Sleeping is almost impossible...pain in hips worsen when I sleep on my side, have to shift every hour or so. Cant sleep on back due to low back pain...ugh Hot flashes, moodiness, consipation, I am just a mess.

Does anyone out there know anything about this? I just want his pain GONE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Re: This sucks! PAIN 3 months Post Op

Hi there,

My heart goes out to you. You have been through so much and are still going through it. I can't say what is causing these issues, but I wanted to encourage you to continue to seek out answers.

I had a severe skin inflammation due to stress. I liken it to drinking a hot cup of coffee that was just poured. I had this for about 4 years. My docs said it was a chronic condition and I would always have it. One doc said that he hopes it goes away, but wasn't sure. I prayed to God to deliver me from the nightmare I was in. After leaving my job and getting a divorce, I slowly started recovering. I won't go into the long story, but I will say....NO more pain! Gone.

I say this to encourage you to seek out and take control of your health. If these docs are not helping, seeks out other docs. I went to so many of them! I couldn't live with the pain and giving up was not an option. Have you tried a good and reputable chiropractor? If you think it might be Endo or Adhesions, a doc can take a look inside. See docs in different fields that could be related to what you are going through. I would also encourage doing research online.

I know it's tough now, but pray and continue to seek other docs for there opinion and advise. I'll be praying for you.

Hugs,
Suzy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register