Careful what I wish for....... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Careful what I wish for....... Careful what I wish for.......

Unread 06-27-2003, 06:38 AM
Careful what I wish for.......

Hi Ladies,

Just searching for some info. and found this cute site. I'm 41, have had terrible cramping/thighs>chest, an array of bleeding types from heaving>clotting>OMG what is this?, along with a period every 2 weeks for at least the last year that I can recall. Got my share of fibroids (thanks to a lovely family tree) as well a some bumpy ovaries. I am a wild body out of control..hahaha! I used to joke saying "take it out" to some of my friends. Guess what......when that option is here, it's kind of scary! To complicate matters, my marriage is in constant tormoil........blamed of course on my uncontrollable hormones? So, now faced with a pending surgery date mid-July I'm a tad bit freaked out! I had just come off a whopper family fight the night before as I sat in the office and had my options layed out so I think.......duh, I'm just unsure about details but I know it has to go!! I'm really glad I ran into this site......you ladies are very sharp........ I forgot about the fact I can donate blood first. I think I want to keep the cervix to keep my risk of bladder prolapse down, but I know the ovaries (the hormone witches in me) have got to go too. But, now I am cornfused about HRT. My doctor didn't mention it pre-op. Is that something that needs to be done? Or maybe he will take care of that in pre-op testing? I also have carried a buttocks in front as well as in back from the 2 emergency c/s and would like to see if a plastics dr can come in a do some work on the lovely scaring as a result of 2 kiddos who refused to leave the womb? questions.........questions..........always questions!

Anyway, I have lots to think about, and I really have to put my life in order. Delay.........go ahead...........delay.........go ahead. I know my hormones have been running wild at times, but I am not the source of all the marital mishaps so which needs to come first.........the chicken needs to move out........or the egg needs to go? I know I can't afford on my salary 6 weeks off work with out the chicken...........and is it fair to put the recovery burden on the products of the egg after the chicken has flew the coop?

I'll be seeing you soon..........hopefully with a clearer head!

SunKat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2003, 07:07 AM
Careful what I wish for.......

You have to take care of you!!! I am 40 and my problems were similar except for the chicken. I would say have your surgery put up with the chicken if you can until you are able to go back to work and then throw out the chicken if you need to.

I don't know your situation and keeping the bad chicken may not be an option but its just a thought.

Second thoughts about the surgery are normal. I know that I have tried to get the Docs to do something for years and when they finally said, "OK its time to do something", then I got scared.

Good luck with whatever decision you make and know someone is always here. God Bless!!!
Unread 06-27-2003, 09:36 AM
a thought

I am 41 and a mother of two sons, 20 and 16, I have raised them by myself since they were 4 and 6 months. It has been a tough road. Over the years I found that most men my age were not too happy with the thoughts of a ready made family. So, ok, I went on to be very successful in real estate, but my illness has really taken a great hold to me this past year. My production level has dropped in half because I bleed so much and feel like a rag doll.
I too, am hormonally challenged and sick of my own self. The light at the end of the tunnel is that my surgery is set for July 9th. Honestly, I cannot wait to get it behind me and get healing.
I am home again today as I am too sick to work.
As far as the chicken goes, I don't know what your situation is, but sometimes men just don't get it, then we resent it and it all comes downs to your illness. You also have children in your life and have to think of them as well. If I were you, and this is only my opinion, I would have the surgery, heal , see how you feel, get your strengh back and make that decision then. You will hopefully be hormonally balanced and maybe, just maybe you can both fall in love again. This is a major trauma for everyone in your life, not just yours. I only know this because as much pain that I have tried to keep from my sons and family, they know how sick I am and are at my beck and call. I've tried to shield them, but it doensn't work, anyone who loves you can look in your face and see you don't feel well.
One last thing, the grass is not always greener on the otherside,
raising these kids has been full of joy, but there were also alot of dreams I had to put aside because they come first. I'm almost there, 2 more years with my youngest and he will be off to college. That's when the very long awaited cruise to the Medditerranion will happen for me. In the meantime, I have explained my sickness to my children and they understand, if they come home and find me crying, they just ask would I like a cup of tea. They too are looking forward to getting their "old" Mom back,
because this illness really makes you someone else. I've learned the best thing to do when you have so much going on, is to do nothing at all, no knee jerk reactions, or you may regret it.
Hope this helps a little,
Much Love,
Michelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register