Hi everyone my surgery is tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi everyone my surgery is tomorrow Hi everyone my surgery is tomorrow

Unread 12-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Hi everyone my surgery is tomorrow

I just phoned the hospital, I have to be there at 9, surgery is at 10, I sure will be glad once that is over with. People at work who have had this done told me they give you morphine the first day, guess I'll be in and out of it then. I've only had that once before in my life, it can really knock you out. That stuff is strong.

I wish everyone else my best wishes if you are also having surgery tomorrow or this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2004, 12:07 PM

Best of luck to you. You will be in my prayers.

I was pretty groggy for a couple of days with the morphine. There are other options for pain relief though. They will go over all of that with you and you can make your choices. All that happened for me in the pre-op area. See you in post-op land!
Unread 12-29-2004, 12:19 PM

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you. It will be over before you know it. I am 2 weeks post op and have been feeling better each day. Be patient with yourself and let your body heal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2004, 12:27 PM

I'm praying that the surgery is uneventful and very successful, Lune. May you have a short, painless recovery!
Unread 12-29-2004, 01:32 PM
My surgery is also tomorrow

I also have my surgery tomorrow and I am nervous. I am praying all goes well for me, and will also pray for you..... My srugery is at 5:30pm...what a time hah? I have to be there at 2:00pm for bloodwork, etc... They say 3-4 days in the hospital...not looking forward to that... hope my house is not in chaos upon return

I wish you a very succesful surgery and quick recovery!!
Unread 12-29-2004, 01:40 PM

The time in the castle goes quick, and believe it or not you won't even notice or care about the condition of your house when you get home. Do you have plans for what you'll do be going to the hospital since it is so late in the day? The day befor mine I went for a massage and it helped me relax. Relax, and breathe deep! Be praying for you.
Unread 12-29-2004, 02:35 PM

Thanks mindfulness,

The only plans I have during the day tomorrow is sleeping, as long as I can to make the day pass by faster. I have a checklist on everything that has to be done while I am at the hospital...makes me wonder what they would really do without me. I am worried now but I am sure by the time I come home, you're right, I could probably care less about the house. All that matters right now is to get this surgery over and done and be cancer free!

Thanks so much for the support.
Unread 12-29-2004, 02:43 PM

to you ladies who are going in tomorrow....
best wishes and have a speedy, smooth recovery. Don't forget to pamper yourselves when you get home from the castle...don't overdo, move around as much as your body will allow, and drink plenty of fluids.

the morphine pump is great...I don't remember much about my castle stay.....pain-killers ROCK

s to all of you!
Unread 12-29-2004, 03:15 PM

Lanie,
I drove my family crazy with lists and post-it notes all over the house about every detail. Before the surgery I was sure they wouldn't know what to do with out me, and if they remembered to do things it wouldn't be done the way I'd do it. Well much to my surprise since my surgery I have realized that there isn't anything crucial for them to do except breathe! Amazing how priorities change. Can't wait to hear from you when you return. Don't push yourself to get back to the computer too soon, we'll be thinking of you and we will be here whenever you feel up to it. HUGS!!!!!!!!!
Unread 12-29-2004, 03:50 PM

Thanx everyone for your well wishes, and to those who are having surgery tomorrow, my well wishes go out to you too. You are all right, it will be over before we know it.

I spent the day tidying up my apartment so it'll make me feel better once I arrive home. I'm spending a week or so at my mom's house, can't wait to get back to my familiar surroundings.
I definitely will be taking it easy.

I hope my friends can help a bit with laundry once I am home, I know I'd appreciate it.

I have a really sweet neighbor, she said to let her know if I needed anything and God Bless.

Well, by tomorrow those of having surgery will be all done with it, then we can relax, ahhhhhh, I can't wait for that.

Take care everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register