Anyone with Adeno try Lupron first? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone with Adeno try Lupron first? Anyone with Adeno try Lupron first?

Unread 04-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Anyone with Adeno try Lupron first?

Me again I was given the option a month and half or so ago to try Lurpron to shut down my cycle and maybe minimize the adeno, thus relielving the pain. This was in order to perhaps restore fertility in the future.

I was very very nervous to try it at all and couldn't do it. Now I'm here the day before my hysterctomy thinking, maybe I should have tried it. Maybe I gave up too soon. UGH!

I know a lot of this is nerves, I have some Ativan, but have my pre-op today, so don't want to have to take it and drive.

So, if anyone has any experience with this I'd really appreciate your sharing.

Please and Thank you!
Christina ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2007, 08:48 AM

I haven't tried it. My doctor offered it as a temporary fix. He said he wouldn't want me on it for more than 6 months because it can contribute to bone loss later. I didn't think it was a good idea because in 6 months I would be back to being in pain and facing the same decision. I am scheduled for TVH May 14th. I am nervous too, but hopeful for an end to the pain.
Good luck tomorrow. I will think happy thoughts for you for a smooth and comfortable recovery.
I will be interested to hear about it.
Chris
Unread 04-12-2007, 09:01 AM

I took Zolodex shots to stop my pain and it worked! I had to do the shots first so my insurance would approve my hysterectomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2007, 09:11 AM

Hi There,

I took 3 months of Zolodex shots and found no difference at all.

Then tried the merina IUD for a year to stop the periods but the pain persists.

So nothing helps with the paid hopefully the surgery will be the end of this mess ;-)
Unread 04-12-2007, 11:55 AM

I tried every thing but Lupron I found its sideeffect to be horrid and I went to the actual Lupron compnay to find there list of side efects and percent of people who get it and i didnt think it was worth it for a temporary fix.
Good luck and just be confident in your dicsion!
Lisa
Unread 04-12-2007, 01:36 PM

Hi Christina,

If your Dr has given you the option of trying the Lupron first, then he may have good reason to think it might work. There have been other women with adeno who have had success with this option.

The women in the pre-op forum have already made their decisions to have a hysterectomy which means that either an option wasn't available for them, or for them the option was not successful.

You might have a better chance of seeing some Lupron success stories in ourOption Forum .

If you are not absolutely sure that you are making the right decision, then there is nothing wrong with cancelling or postponing your surgery. Some women have cancelled while being prepped for surgery and have been glad they did.

Here's the real issue. If you try the options and they work, you have avoided a major life changing surgery. If you try the options, and they don't work then you can still have the surgery. If you skip the options and have the hysterectomy , you cannot go back and give the options a chance if you are unhappy with the outcome .

Don't worry about upsetting the Dr or anyone else. You need to make sure that you are making the best decision for you.

Kay
Unread 04-12-2007, 03:26 PM

Everyone is not the same, but this is my experience with the lupron shot. It put my body straight into menopause, hot flashes were a big problem (had to take hormone pills)also I had bad headaches, etc. It was great to not have the painful heavy period, but for me it was a quick fix, as soon as the lupron left my system the painful periods and heavy bleeding returned. So now, my dr. advised me to have a hysterectomy. After the lupron shots wore off, all my hormones came racing back and all out of whack, I felt like I was going crazy. So, I called my regular dr and I had to start taking an antidepressant just until my hormones got back to normal. So, now I take no medications, and I am having the hyst.. This is just my experience.
Unread 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM

Thanks for the advice. I had a really bad feeling about trying the Lupron as I am SO sensitive to other hormonal changes like the pill and other things like that. So...I felt like being so sensitive would garentee me all the icky side effects. I guess it's the day before jitters that made me think I should have tried that. I think this is the right choice. If I could get out of it I would. But at this point, I just really want my quality of life back! Thanks for the encouragement to back out, even as their prepping. I really appreciate that. Sometimes it's like I feel like I have to do what they say. I HAVE to remember that it's MY body and I can tell them what I want or don't want.

Thanks for the reminder. And the advice!
Christina ~
Unread 04-13-2007, 11:53 AM

I was put on Lupron for 1 year, It did work while I was taking it, and then up until I started getting my period again, but about three months after I statred getting my period again, the pain was back just like it had been before. But if you are having second thougts, this may work for you. I have heard of people that it totally worked for them. That all is there body needed was the 6 months to a year with no period to kinda heal itself. But for me, it was a temporary fix to a permanent problem.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register