Pain post intercourse | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Sexual Dysfunction After Hysterectomy

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain post intercourse Pain post intercourse

Unread 07-31-2009, 12:35 AM
Pain post intercourse

I love this place. I can ask anything. I haven't been here in a while, but then again, I haven't had steady intercouse in a while either. Orgasms to occur, but they are not what they were. I can almost tolerate that, but during sex, the inside of my vagina hurts somewhere about half way up. 2-3 pushes and that is all I can tolerate. It isn't dry, it's just that it wont stretch enough so it fells like it is ripping. It also takes me about 1/2 hour to get things going. Kinda puts things in slow-mo.

Anybody else have this and any explanations for it?

I had a TVH after LAVH failed. I don't think they fixed anything, not according to the OR report anyway.

I just want my life back. I didn't expect that sex would be exactly the same, but now I feel like I will never be able to enjoy sex again in my life.

My ex-fiance boyfriend has been a trouper. I don't know where are relationship is going, but we still hang out and occassionally take the equipement out for a run. He was having ED issues and now me with my no-go issues. We make a fine pair, but we are tolerant of each other's needs.

Enough for now. Thank you to all that could provide me with some hope on this. I have called my GP, and I should be able to get in to see her soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2009, 07:21 AM
Re: Pain post intercourse

NursetoPatien -

Long time since we had contact. I think since last time I ended up in pelvic floor rehab and physical therapy. I had muscle guarding both outside and inside the vagina.

I ended up with biofeedback, exercises and internal and external massage. Part of it sounded very much like what you are talking about.

Talk to your doctor abouot it. Make sure the center is pelvic floor rehab and therapy.

G.
Unread 07-31-2009, 08:13 AM

Thanks Tauruslady.

It just feels so devestating when I think back to how good it was. Sort of an essential part of me has failed and I am worried that I will never get that back.

The drive is gone too. I can get myself in the mood, and sometimes it does not hurt, but then I don't get a big O. I'll look up the pelvic floor therapy and see.
Unread 07-31-2009, 11:36 AM

(((Nurse to patien))) Are you on any HRT since your BSO? If not, lack of testosterone could explain your lack of sex drive, and lack of estrogen would account for the pain and lack of response. I'd encourage you to talk with your DR about this.

s,
-Linda
Unread 07-31-2009, 03:37 PM

I'm on bio-identicals but no testosterone. I asked about it post-op, but the doctor said to wait. I guess I'm done waiting? Mood is a bit flat too. No get up and go. A bit depressed too.

I'm on 1mg of estrace and 200mg progesterone. The progesterone is to keep the endo from coming back.

Kinda wierd to have that "I just don't care" feeling. Ya, whatever has never been in my vocabulary, but now it is my dominant feeling. I've upped my antidepressant so that should help soon. But I'm still missing that vitality. There is nothing really wrong, but there is nothing really going great either.

I left work early on Wendsday, just feeling nauseated and headache-y. I'm not sure if I'm getting sick on top of everything else, but I just feel gross. My vacation started on Thursday so I have 3 weeks to charge up the batteries and figure out what is wrong. Time for my nap. Thanks again.
Unread 07-31-2009, 03:46 PM

Well I just read the article on testosterone and I am definitely feeling like a "wet dish rag". It is right bang on to how I'm relating to the world. Time to call the doc again.
Unread 07-31-2009, 04:57 PM

Just a couple of comments which may or may not prove helpful... first, progesterone in large amounts (and imho 200mg a day is large, though with your endo history I realize you may not have a choice) can cause sleepiness and depression in some women. Also, antidepressants, unless you're using Wellbutrin, are known libido-quashers so that could be part of the problem which testosterone may or may not be able to fix.

Sounds like this is definitely a good time to have a chat with your DR.

-Linda
Unread 07-31-2009, 06:19 PM

I've been on the same anti-dressant for years and never had a problem. It's called moclobemide, also as mannerix, but it isn't available in the US. Maybe I will talk to the doc about decreasing the progesterone.

Thanks,
Unread 08-07-2009, 03:07 PM

So, I have come from the doctor's. Yeast infection (Yuck) related to the hormone thing. I have never taken hormones before and never had a yeast infection before so I wasn't really looking for it. That is accounting for the pain that I am having. I just got a dose of fluconozole so it should be clearing up sometime in the near future.

She did an internal exam. Positive chandelier sign- as in I was hitting the ceiling when she was poking around in there.

AND!!! Icing on the cake, I qualify for a testosterone gel study. They have already called to set up an appointment. I wasn't even home yet. So I get to go and tell my tale of woe to people who are studying the effects of testosterone on women who have had hysterectomies and low libidos.

So I will keep you all up to date as it happens. Thanks again for all of your help.

I must say that I have seen yeast infections before, but holy cow, I never understood how bloody painful it is. Another learning experience. I didn't know that yeast was armed with swords. Now I do. En garde! I got your number, you evil little so and so's.
Unread 08-07-2009, 05:49 PM

Sorry to hear about the yeast infection, and yes, they can be painful sometimes.

By the way, using vaginal estrogen can help you resist those yeast overgrowths. Even many of us who are on systemic estrogen use vaginal estrogen at least occasionally to help with vaginal health, because the walls of the vagina are not well-supplied with blood vessels so that systemic estrogen replacement may not be reaching them well enough.

I hope you're feeling much better soon!

s,
-Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register