Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 05-Jun 11,2017 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 05-Jun 11,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 05-Jun 11,2017

Unread 06-08-2017, 08:59 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 05-Jun 11,2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname1000 View Post
Yes, I slept quite well. Glad you did too. Hope the intestines give you a break! That's made all the difference for me (though the gas is still so bad I feel like Shrek). Hang in there. Maybe ask your doctor if he/she will let you have something a little stronger than stool softener.
Glad you slept well:-) I may just end up using a suppository later. I had to do a bowel prep before my surgery anyway so that maybe one reason I haven't even had urge to BM. Just lots of little poots. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 05-Jun 11,2017

Had a TAH/SAH on Monday. Being discharged from hospital today (yay!). Pain not bad at all. I'm on a prescription Motrin every 6 hours & it's controlling pain/soreness pretty well. Just really tired. I walked the halls yesterday & today and was wiped out. Still no BM and I'm so bloated. Can't wait for the bowels to wake up and start moving but I'm also very scared that it's going to be painful! Been taking stool softener every day but I think I may need a laxative now. Besides that I'm surprised how well I feel. I was expecting to be in much more pain. It really wasn't that bad at all
Unread 06-08-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke2017 View Post
Had a TAH/SAH on Monday. Being discharged from hospital today (yay!). Pain not bad at all. I'm on a prescription Motrin every 6 hours & it's controlling pain/soreness pretty well. Just really tired. I walked the halls yesterday & today and was wiped out. Still no BM and I'm so bloated. Can't wait for the bowels to wake up and start moving but I'm also very scared that it's going to be painful! Been taking stool softener every day but I think I may need a laxative now. Besides that I'm surprised how well I feel. I was expecting to be in much more pain. It really wasn't that bad at all

Woohoo!! Glad your going home. I had my surgery the 6th and still haven't had a BM. Taking stool softeners as well. Just drank a cup of coffee as well. Awesome your pain is being managed by Advil. I have zero tolerance for pain so I'm still talking 5mg percs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minders0486 View Post
Woohoo!! Glad your going home. I had my surgery the 6th and still haven't had a BM. Taking stool softeners as well. Just drank a cup of coffee as well. Awesome your pain is being managed by Advil. I have zero tolerance for pain so I'm still talking 5mg percs.
FWIW I also have zero tolerance for pain (I literally screamed like a banshee during IV insertion), but I decided the pain from the lack of BM was even worse than quitting Percocet. I wasn't able to go till I lost the opiates. Overall it's hurt less. Might be worth a try.
Unread 06-08-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname1000 View Post
FWIW I also have zero tolerance for pain (I literally screamed like a banshee during IV insertion), but I decided the pain from the lack of BM was even worse than quitting Percocet. I wasn't able to go till I lost the opiates. Overall it's hurt less. Might be worth a try.

They gave me a shot in my vain to numb my vain to do iv. I had to do a bowel prep befor my surgery so i was completely cleaned out and haven't ate much so I really don't even feel that I have to poo I just know it's there. From a lot of the stories I've read it's 5-7 days. And I have a laparoscopy 7 weeks ago and I think it took about that long to have a BM. That's how I found out I had adenomyosis.
Unread 06-08-2017, 12:40 PM

Hi all! TAH was yesterday at 1ish. So I'm 24 hours post op. Pain is under control now, but upon waking up in recovery it was really bad, silent tears rolling down my face and the ability to mumble "pain" was the best I could do. They hooked me to a pump so I could administer my own meds every 6 minutes, that was a blessing! Catheter eas removed at 6 this morning amd I was taken off the pump at 9ish, having unhindered movement is fantastic! I'll be at the hospital until tomorrow. I hope everything is going well for you ladies.
Unread 06-08-2017, 02:19 PM

I've got some aweful lower back pain and gas pain is so bad and all the sudden I'm getting pretty emotional. I have help at my house that I still feel really alone. :-( my 2 year old is sad 2nd he's so used to loving on mama n snuggling but I just can't right now and it's making me so sad.
Unread 06-08-2017, 02:25 PM

TAH on 6/6. Came home from hospital today. I have no problems getting up or down or walking, I went into the surgery with a head cold and the coughing feels like it's ripping my stomach apart. I'm splinting with a pillow but it's not much help. My insides feel so empty now that my 5 months preggers sized uterus has been removed. What's amazing to me is how swollen and bloated I am. Does anyone know how long the swelling lasts?
Unread 06-08-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess0708 View Post
TAH on 6/6. Came home from hospital today. I have no problems getting up or down or walking, I went into the surgery with a head cold and the coughing feels like it's ripping my stomach apart. I'm splinting with a pillow but it's not much help. My insides feel so empty now that my 5 months preggers sized uterus has been removed. What's amazing to me is how swollen and bloated I am. Does anyone know how long the swelling lasts?

I had my LAVH the same day and they sent me home That night. Ive been using a ice pack on and off.
Unread 06-08-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minders0486 View Post
Hope your stool softener kicks in soon too! It's an awful feeling. So much pressure on top of all the internal healing going on. This seems to be the #1 post op problem with most women. Hopefully we will all find relief soon! I'm actually surprised the ibuprofen is controlling the pain. I thought I had a low tolerance for pain also but when I think back of all the pain I endured thru the years with these nasty fibroids, it must've toughened me up, lol. Hoping you are feeling better soon & can get transitioned off the Perc's. I know they can have nasty side effects. Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register