Burning feeling above and below incision? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Burning feeling above and below incision? Burning feeling above and below incision?

Unread 06-15-2009, 07:21 AM
Burning feeling above and below incision?

After a nice two weeks of recovery, I am now flat on my back because of a burning feeling about 3 inches above and below my incision. Uncomfortable to touch. No fever, redness or discharge. Any suggestion or reason about what is going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2009, 07:26 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 25-May 31,2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx4ursfty View Post
After a nice two weeks of recovery, I am now flat on my back because of a burning feeling about 3 inches above and below my incision. Uncomfortable to touch. No fever, redness or discharge. Any suggestion or reason about what is going on?
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry.

It can be so frustrating to think you are doing well and then have a setback. I only had a lap/vaginal hysterectomy so I can't offer any ideas...but I can offer advice. Please call your doctor

Unread 06-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 25-May 31,2009

Rx4Ursfty
I agree with Marisela, call the doctor. Hope all is ok!X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Re: Burning feeling above and below incision?

My incision hurts at the top and the bottom. Everything in between is numb. My surgery was 3/19. The very top of my jeans will irritate it as well. Good luck!
Unread 06-16-2009, 04:00 PM

You need to give your doctor a call...that is what they are there for!!! You need to get this checked out....could very easily be nothing...and that is what we pray for...play it safe get it looked at.
Unread 06-16-2009, 04:47 PM

Call your Doctor, it maybe nothing, but better to be safe and reassured.

I had burning at 4 weeks, on the right side above and below my scar, it was like a pulling burning pain and only settled if I laid flat and did not move.

I had no other symtoms, but was really worried, my Consultant reassured me that it was most likely a rupturing cyst on my ovary. It settled after 48. hours , overwise she was going to do an ultasound.

Do talk to your doctor, you'll recover better once you are reassured.
Unread 06-16-2009, 05:27 PM

I agree on checking in with the doctor. I had an TAH and right now my tummy feels like it has a severe sunburn. I know that is a common feeling when nerves regenerate I believe. Hope it is nothing more than healing
Unread 07-15-2009, 07:29 PM

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I was feeling great ten days into my recovery. I had even driven myself to town, did some light shopping, and ate lunch with friends. On day twelve I suddenly starting having a severe stabbing, burning pain right above my incision when I tried to walk. I had to hold and support my stomach when upright so it would stop. I felt almost normal one day then back to square one the next. I called the doctor and went in to have it checked. She said it was a trigger point which was explained to me as two nerves sending signals and trying to reconnect. Said it can happen immediately after surgery but sometimes happens a few weeks later. She gave me a lidocaine shot around my incicision, which ony helped momentarily. She said to continue ibuprofen 800mg every 8 hrs. and vicodin when needed. It's been 3 days since the shot and it is beginning to be a little less painful. I was told the trigger point could take from 2-4 weeks to heel. Call your doctor to rule out a blood clot but our stories sound very similiar. Good luck with your recovery
Unread 07-15-2009, 11:21 PM

I had my staples removed today, 9 days post-op, and there is one spot almost exactly at the mid-point of incision, that stings. I thought it was the staples and even mentioned it to the nurse. I never thought about nerves regenerating, it's good to know others have the same thing going on!
Unread 07-16-2009, 05:29 AM

Thanks, Martam for that very informative reply! I hadn't even thought of that. OP, I hope you've spoken to your doc -and/or that it's eased up. As someone said, lying flat always seems to help! And those wearing jeans - ouch! I have worn only dresses (or today knee-length leggings under a dress) except yesterday I wore trousers and they did irritate me after a while, as day went on and belly swelled a bit. YUCK!
GO dresses! They just slide over the area without irritation. Can't recommend them enough! :-) x cleo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register