Swelly Belly- How LONG?? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly Belly- How LONG?? Swelly Belly- How LONG??

Unread 12-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Re: Swelly Belly- How LONG??

My guess is that this swollen belly problem probably won't go away unless one does intense cardio and abdominal work in the gym. And, one can't do this until after 6 weeks at least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2011, 02:53 PM

Probably true about the positive impact of exercise on the swelly belly...but it depends on the individual. I am at the gym every day to do cardio, light weights (8lbs max) and resistance machines every other day. However, I don't do any exercises that place any tension or strain on my lower abdomen as it doesn't hurt but can feel odd (tingly) and I am certainly aware of the internal healing if I over do it!
On a good not my belly hasn't gone, but has shrunk a good deal. I am 7 weeks post op from TAH
Unread 12-18-2011, 04:36 PM

The more I exercise the more I swell. I am eating well and doing some exercise as well as a long walk each day. But the exercise seems to make the swelling and pain worse.
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:36 PM

sugarandspice... only do what you feel comfortable doing, I'm up to 8km in one hour on the tready and some ab work and I think I've only lost 2kg in 4 weeks but it's better than nothing!
Unread 12-29-2011, 05:20 AM

I have needed to get this out for a couple of weeks now....
I seem to be in the same boat as everyone else. (this makes me happy!!!) Well, I need to give a little back ground for the last 6 months or so....I had my TAH on 6/29. When I went for my 6 week check up I had my internal done and found that my fallopian tube found its way through the stitches at the vaginal cuff. So another surgery was scheduled to correct that on 8/25. That surgery ended up being an adominal surgery due to more issues than expected (A LOT of scar tissue and other organs attached to one another that needed to be fixed) So I have had to major abdominal surgeries in the last 6 months!! I was not allowed to do anything until the end of Oct. and followed this as best as I could. Now we are at the end of Dec. and I still get swollen at the end of the day. It does not happen everyday, but I would say 3-4 out of the 7. To the point that if I am wearing jeans they need to be unbuttoned or removed!!!! I work from home so I am able to wear comfy pants all the time, but REALLY getting tired of it. I get a little upset when I know that I need to wear something other than comfy pants because I know what will happen by the end of the day.
I am running around after my very active 5 yr old (who is not in school yet), also on top of working taking care of the house hold chores. Also have 2 other children that need me and a husband that works almost 13 hours a day. I have wanted to call the doc but feel silly. I have no pain (there days that I know that I have lifted to much!! and there are those times that my ovaries are having issues, (but nothing more than when I was getting my monthly visit!!!) I have been off of meds since about 3 weeks after second surgery!
It seems like the swelling will be around for a bit longer, but will it be even longer for me because of the 2 surgeries?
Any feedback would help!! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this!
Unread 12-29-2011, 06:55 AM

Hey toots1106 seems to me you're doing really well, not swelling every day & after all that surgery only 2 months ago! Well done! I'm 10 months post op & haven't had even one solitary day where I could wear my pre op jeans. For me, sadly, it's still comfy trews a necessity & I'm not sure I know where to turn next. You're having it hard what with work & family to look after, but you're doing a marvellous job, & will soon be back in those jeans full time
Unread 12-29-2011, 06:59 AM

On the days that I am not swollen, I am not doing ANYTHING!!!! Maybe some dishes!! Those days are when I say to my daughter that it is movie day or something that I can sit on the couch all day! (well for most of it!!) But I don't want to be sitting on the couch as much as I am! But the more I do the more swollen I get!
Unread 12-29-2011, 08:01 AM

Hate to tell you this girls, but the swelly belly is there for however long it wants to be. Im 10 months now and I still get it. You can exercise, etc but it still will return at the end of the day. The more activity, the more swelling. It's part of the healing process and because we had major surgery, it may take a year or two to heal. And yes, I hate it myself. Drives me nuts.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register