HRT and PCOS | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-26-2005, 06:55 PM
HRT and PCOS

has anyone heard of pcos after a hysterometry.I have been really having a hard time. Thought it was just my hrts might have been off, so I went to my obgyn. He ran blood and found pcos (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). Changed my med`s twice now since my hair loss is getting worse, acne, weight gain. I thought it might also be stress. Course from what I read, pcos causes stress. I am in a circle now. Just asking for maybe alittle help from someone out there. At least try and give advice b4 I end up bald. I just want to feel good. I can actually feel a tingling, hurtful feeling on my scalp, like sleeping feet. Thank you for listening, sincerely Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2005, 08:36 PM
HRT and PCOS

Hi Chris,
I was wondering the same thing. I had PCOS, which I have known about for 10 years. I had TVH BSO 22 Nov and was wondering if/how my HRT was going to be affected by this or if in fact I did not need to worry about PCOS anymore as my ovaries are now gone. I personally have had none of the problems that you mention and I would be more inclined to say that it is the HRT that you are on as my doc made no mention of my PCOS and the need to make any medication modifications because of it. I am really sorry that you are not feeling at all well. I am curious how your doctor detected PCOS with blood work. Sorry I can't be more helpful. I lived with acne,weight gain and horrific mood swings for many years and I haven;t had any of those problems since my hysterectomy. You may need to do some more altering of HRT as PCOS sufferers tend to produce more testosterone and this had to have an affect on your current HRT.Good luck
Cassandra
Unread 12-26-2005, 09:40 PM
HRT and PCOS

You and I had our surgeries about the same time! I had mine due to the PCOS (I couldn't stand the pain any longer of the cysts - very uncommon). The doctors had told me before my surgery that it wouldn't cure my PCOS because it is a hormone syndrome. The ovarian cysts are only one aspect in the big picture. An endocrinologist that specializes in PCOS might be your best bet. Things will get better once all the hormones are back on track! Good luck!
Unread 12-27-2005, 12:05 AM
HRT and PCOS

(((Ladies))) ChocolateLover's DR is correct... removing the ovaries does not cure PCOS. Here is a link to a great thread that talks about what PCOS is and what special considerations you might have to deal with:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=104177

I hope this helps!
s,
-Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register