Wk 5-lot of pain after only 'out' for 4 hours | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wk 5-lot of pain after only 'out' for 4 hours Wk 5-lot of pain after only 'out' for 4 hours

Unread 03-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Wk 5-lot of pain after only 'out' for 4 hours

I haven't returned physically to work but am working on laptop from home. I am on several boards, etc and attended a session in which I am a co-chair last night that lasted 4 hours. It consisted of sitting and standing/walking. By the end of the evening...4th hour...I was hurting pretty good but able to still walk. Today (the day after), I have taken it easy and laid back in a recliner but have a lot of pain. Is this still normal for this amt of time 'out' and being in the 5th week. (I have the 5 inch incision w/internal stitches and used to have staples).
I appreicate any input and am frustrated that I'm not able to even be somewhat active for 3-4 hours...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2009, 10:10 PM

Hello Deij.....when I was about 5 weeks out I would get so frustrated I would just go to the bathroom and cry. I would try to do activities and just be so achey and tired I couldn't get anything done. I wasn't having pain...but I would just ache ALL over. I would have to take Advil and go to bed for a few hours. And then the day after...I would continue to ache just not as bad. It seemed like I had to take 2 days to recoop. I am 3 months out now and doing great....but some heavy days...I still have to take Advil and go lay down. I too have that "adorable" 5 inch incision. This surgery takes a lot out of you. YES, we do get better!!! Good luck to you!!! Sending you a "Hug"!!!
Unread 03-07-2009, 05:36 AM

I was only able to be out for two hours at a time then (not counting car rides). One of my incisions had not closed up properly at that point. I don't think it's that uncommon. Don't push yourself beyond what your body can do right now. Take care of yourself and rest when you need to. It will get better!

Edited to add: things got a lot better after my incision closed up and I was then able to resume a normal activity level.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2009, 07:00 AM

I know exactly how you are feeling. I went to work at my "desk" job at 6 weeks and came home in agony after only 4 hours. I did not take any pain medication since the second day of surgery, but I needed something after my first day back at work. Listen to your body, rest and take care of yourself.
Unread 03-07-2009, 09:25 AM

Hi Deij~
I'm also five weeks out. I haven't returned to work either. I'm battling fatigue and pain in my incision. It's not constant...I call them zingers! I'm sorry you are still feeling bad.

I put my jeans on yesterday and it felt great for about an hour. My incision started to burn to the point I had to take motrin and get the stretch pants back on...*sigh*

I hope you feel better very soon. Although I'm sad to see another sister battling five weeks out it's encouraging somewhat for me to know it's not just me.

Hugs to you =o)
Unread 03-09-2009, 09:21 PM

I appreciate everyone's replies...I couldn't find my way back to my own post until now. Duh!

My dr told me 4-6 weeks but I finally found on this site that a TAH is about 6-8 wks recovery...that made me feel better since my 6 wk anniv is this Wednesday. Today I felt great...amazing from even last week and I finally slept in my own bed last night.

Best wishes to those of you on the same calendar as me and thx for all info/advice from everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register