After a rough night I took my first post-op bath :) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

After a rough night I took my first post-op bath :) After a rough night I took my first post-op bath :)

Unread 03-14-2010, 02:14 PM
After a rough night I took my first post-op bath :)

I had my post-op appointments last week and got the clear for taking a bath. No sex, and no lifting for another 4 weeks as my internal sutures from the posterior repair have not dissolved yet. I have to say that I feel like a million bucks right now!! It was pure heaven to sit in a nice hot bath and just soak. I think it was that much sweeter too because we ordered take-out last night and I was craving seafood so I got clam strips with french fries and onion rings..........fast forward to 4 am I wake from a sound sleep and run to the bathroom for vomiting!! OMG, the pain from the swelly belly with the uncontrollable way my body would not stop until it was all out of me was bad! Feeling fine since then, so it must have been food poisoning. My poor suture line was looking so good and now it's purple again. No more fast food for awhile now
But the bath felt that much better because I'm sure you all know how yucky you feel after vomiting. I am in fresh jammies and resting with my heating pad......I love lazy Sunday's
alicia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Re: After a rough night I took my first post-op bath :)

You poor thing, I can't imagine vomiting when I was only 4 weeks out. Ouch!

I do know what you mean about the bath. It was the hardest thing for me to wait for (LOL, more so than the sex) and the minute I got the okay I was in a tub full of bubbles.
Unread 03-14-2010, 03:12 PM

Dear Luvee24, I know about the pain in the belly from vomiting. I had problems with my colon 2 days post op. You poor thing. No more fast food is right. But I'm sure it tasted good going down!!
I'm going for my 6 week post op appt. Tues. 3/16, and I will find out if I can finally take a bath. Can't wait.

TAHBSO 1/28/10, anterior and posterior repair
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2010, 04:33 PM

Oh you poor thing. I also can't imagine how horrible that must have felt. I sneeze and that still hurts!

Glad you were able to enjoy a good bath though and that made you feel so much better! And, yes, lazy sundays are the best. enjoy yours!
Unread 03-14-2010, 05:38 PM

Gosh, I am so glad you are feeling better! 5 days post-op I got a tickle in my throat and started to cough, then because the pain was unbelieveable, started to hyperventilate and cry..poor DH was running for the water and pain pills..next day was so sore.. feel badly you had to go through the vomiting thing..maybe your body went "hey!! no fried foods for awhile, woman"!!!

You take care....
Unread 03-14-2010, 07:10 PM

I would love to take a bath! Jealous!
Unread 03-14-2010, 09:28 PM

sorry about your rought night - I sympathize - had one of those myself a couple of days ago. I think I had food poisoning too or a cruel stomach bug.

PAINFUL is all I can say

Hope you're feeling better after your bath
Unread 03-14-2010, 10:12 PM

I have heard this about seafood several times lately. Has it become dangerous to eat seafood? Happy bathing!
Unread 03-15-2010, 01:58 PM

Thank you to all my Sisters for responding. I am feeling much better now and off the take out and fried food for awhile!! Thanks for your kindness and support you ladies are the best!
~HUGS~
Alicia
Unread 03-17-2010, 06:25 PM

Did someone say Bath..I can't waittttt. Showers not good when you can't even bend or manuever. I am glad you are feeling better. Can't imagine the feeling. I know worse than coughing & sneezing when your little pillow is not nearby..

TAH
Fibroids
Anemic

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register