TAH Internal Pulling & Throbbing Right Side? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Internal Pulling & Throbbing Right Side? Internal Pulling & Throbbing Right Side?

Unread 11-26-2010, 08:47 AM
Internal Pulling & Throbbing Right Side?

Hello sisters,

I am 3 weeks post-op and have been doing well with my recovery per my 2 week checkup last week. The past couple of days, though, I have had some twinging and throbbing on the right side. I had my right ovary and all my other female organs remove this time but I'm wondering if all of the laughing (I have a belly laugh) could be the problem. Pulling on the stitches perhaps, despite having the pillow on my belly and the swelly belly support. No bleeding of any sort - just uncomfortable. I have only passed one stitch that I have noticed since my surgery. . .Any ideas???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Re: Internal Pulling & Throbbing Right Side?

I am in my fourth week of recovery and have had the pulling and twinges too. They seem to be on both sides of my stomach and under the belly button. I have been doing a bit more walking and getting in and out of cars for the last few days so I stayed home yesterday and rested. Today, it seems a lot better. I sure hope that the twinges and pulling sensations aren't adhesions that are developing. Hopefully, it is just part of the normal healing process.
Unread 11-26-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni3ll3 View Post
I am in my fourth week of recovery and have had the pulling and twinges too. They seem to be on both sides of my stomach and under the belly button. I have been doing a bit more walking and getting in and out of cars for the last few days so I stayed home yesterday and rested. Today, it seems a lot better. I sure hope that the twinges and pulling sensations aren't adhesions that are developing. Hopefully, it is just part of the normal healing process.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one but it certainly is a worry as I try to do everything "right" and keep the adhesions from returning, including adhering to an anti-inflammatory diet excluding gluten, dairy and soy. Let's hope we're doing OK. I'm taking it easy today and it feels better. The twinges aren't even in the incision or vaginal region, they are in the rib cage region.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2010, 11:04 AM

I've noticed the pulling and throbbing on both sides, too. Since we're all having these issues, it must be normal, right? I'm in week 3 of my recovery, so it sounds like it seems to be happening at the 3-4 week mark. I still have Swelly Belly pretty bad. I didn't think I did until yesterday when I decided to try on a nice pair of slacks, and I looked like I was 4 months pregnant!! So, it was back to my stretchy elastic band knit pants. But I was comfy, and that's important, lol!! There is a post-op chat on here tomorrow, and I plan to get in on that. I'm hoping I can get my questions answered then. Take care all!!
Deb
Unread 11-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Re: Internal Pulling & Throbbing Right Side? Grateful!

I am so grateful to all of you lovelies that posted this thread!
I am entering week 3. I have been doing well, minus major irritation that I have to behave and with no choice
I have pulling and aches on right side, and it has been making me feel crazy.
I am also SO worried that I will hurt myself, do something too much and not even know it.
I am so glad to know you guys are feeling the same thing and so it would seem we are all ok!
I also just got done with UTI meds. Whew! UTI painful and I still feel I have it somewhat but much better.
Anyone else with eurethra sensation? sorry about my spelling.
Is it just that we will feel like someone gutted us until we don't?

Thanks for reading. Anything would be helpful!

Michel
Unread 11-26-2010, 03:07 PM

Had and still have the same thing. Dr said totally normal healing...think of a scab from a cut and how it pulls away from the new skin. At five week check I was still asking why so much more on the right side and he finally just said "that was Dr. Fergusons side, not mine"....ok I gave up somethings are just the way they are
Unread 11-26-2010, 06:02 PM

I have alot of pulling and stretching feeling, epsecially on my right side (which is weird because that ovary was removed 8 years ago!!) Dr did have to straighten out my ureter on the right side and said the pulling/stretching feeling is normal. It still feels like I'm overdoing it and that doesn't help! Glad to know we are all in this together!!!
Unread 11-30-2010, 11:52 AM

The twinges and the pulling sensations have stopped. Anyone else?
Unread 11-30-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni3ll3 View Post
The twinges and the pulling sensations have stopped. Anyone else?

Not yet but I have found that it bothers me less the more I exercise.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register