Anyone else develop vag. cysts after hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else develop vag. cysts after hysterectomy? Anyone else develop vag. cysts after hysterectomy?

Unread 06-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Anyone else develop vag. cysts after hysterectomy?

I had to go to the doctor yesterday because I was having vaginal soreness. My doctor told me that I had a cyst that was causing all the pain. He told me that they usually go away on their own. He did break it open- so I thought, but I haven't had any drainage from it. Is there anyone else out there that has developed one of these after surgery? How long does it take for these to go away? I would appreciate any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2005, 08:07 AM

I thought I would bump this up this morning since I didn't have any replies overnight. I posted this kind of late Wed. night. I hope to find someone else who has had this happen to them.
Unread 06-16-2005, 09:02 AM
cysts?

Hi,
OMG!! I hope not I used to get them all of the time on my cervix. I thought since I got rid of the cervix that I wouldn't get them anymore!!!! They used to come and go. They got worse over the years and were always there. I had several at a time. I thought that it was those causing the pain but I didn't know about the endo yet so they was probablly from that. Hopefully it will go away never to return. I have asked several doctors why I always get cysts. I also have one in my left kidney. I have cystic breast disease and get them in my boobs all of the time. I hope that I have gotten rid of the cervical ones for good.
KAt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2005, 09:11 AM

HI , I am sorry that I can't help you on this one but I used to get cysts on my left ovary all the time and I know that they were very painfull and caused damage to my ovary that is why it was removed when I had my TAH 7 wks ago. so I can only imagine what you must be feeling right now. and I really hope that someone will come along that can help you out with your questions. I hope you get rid of them soon so that you can get on with the rest of your life painfree. that is what I am most looking forward to myself. Take Care, Cathy
Unread 06-16-2005, 09:19 AM

Hi Butterflygrl.

I had a small 'bump' just inside the openning to my vagina. it hurt a bit...so I called the dr. He told me it was probably an Inclusion cyst.

""Inclusional cysts are caused by trauma, such as an operation or childbirth.

There are several types of vaginal cysts, which can range in size from the size of a pea to that of an orange. Vaginal inclusion cysts are the most common. These may form as a result of trauma sustained by the vaginal walls or following an obstetric or gynecologic procedure, when the lining of the vagina doesn't heal to its normal smoothness.""

He told me that most just go away on there own. If mine doesn't 'go away' in a a few days I am going in to have it checked out...just in case. Better safe than sorry!

Kate
Unread 06-16-2005, 08:36 PM

Hi Waldo,
I hope yours goes away soon. I don't know if I have ever had them before or not. I have had episodes where I felt very sore in this area, but I must have thought it was irritation from a yeast infection or something. The doctor told me that it would probably drain for 2 weeks and then go away. Did you ever have any drainage with yours? I think mine was very small- can't imagine how it would have felt if it was any larger. I hope I never have another one! I also have the fibercystic breast condition, but I haven't heard where any of this was related. The things I read about on them on the internet said that they can be caused by injury to the vagina, just as you had said. Funny since I had a tah, not vag. hyst. Thanks for all the replies!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register