Hyst Anniversary -- There is life after!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hyst Anniversary -- There is life after!! Hyst Anniversary -- There is life after!!

Unread 10-18-2001, 10:26 AM
Hyst Anniversary -- There is life after!!

I haven't been visiting the boards much lately -- so I won't know many of you. But I just wanted to say hello to Ladies in Waiting and let you know that there IS life after your hyst!

Today I am celebrating my one year "hystiversary!" (TAH/BSO -- 50+ fibroids and Endo). I remember all of the fear and anxiety before hand -- and felt like my date for the castle would never arrive! I remember sobbing in front of my computer screen as I read my sister's questions and stories. I remember what a God-send this site was to me (and my DH)!! But those are all just MEMORIES!

In the year (can't believe it's been that long!) since my hyst, I've gotten my life completely back! I still delight in the fact that I don't have to look at a calendar to plan a weekend away from home! I still snicker when I walk down the feminine hygiene aisle at the grocery store. And I still have to stiffle my giggles of delight when I hear the familiar sound of a tampon wrapper coming from SOMEONE ELSE's stall in the restroom!!

One year later, I am 15 lbs lighter, I can exercise easily (no more anemia), I am happier, I enjoy my intimate life with my DH more, and my family likes me better!! (I am taking hormone replacement and, with one tweek, am having no problems at all).

Occasionally I still get a bit of swelly belly when I get really tired or am very physically active. I also have a bit of numbness still around my incision site (which may never go completely away?). But otherwise, I forget I even had my hyst. For about the 1st 6 months, I thought about my hyst every day. Now I only think about it when I am planning an out-of-town trip or happen by "that aisle" in the drug store!

So hang in there LIWs! The waiting is the hardest part!!! Help your sisters and let them help you! AND REST, REST, REST when you're home from the castle!!!

While I know not all hysts are problem free, mine has been! I haven't been this happy in years! I will be posting my whole story in the Princesses tell their stories forum later.

Hugs and very best wishes to all of you!!!! (and Thanks for being there for me when I needed you!)

Cheryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2001, 10:32 AM
Happy Anniversary

Hi Cheryl

Congrats on your one year anniversary, it is so great to read of one success story. I am still waiting for my date I do know it will be in the new year. I found this site just as I was trying to make my decision about having the hyster, and it has been a god send to me. The sisters here are all wonderful.

Thank you for sharing your experience for us
Unread 10-18-2001, 11:18 AM

Congratulations on your hysterversary!

I had my one-year anniversary in August, and you sound just like I feel! Lovin' life, feelin' good...

Thanks for posting such an uplifting message for our Ladies in Waiting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2001, 11:46 AM

Hearty congratulations, Cheryl! I know life will be a lot better this year after my hysterectomy. Just knowing that I won't be suffering what I have in the past makes me feel so much better. Thanks for posting your message!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register