New here! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-31-2007, 08:38 PM
New here!

Lorraine, so glad that you have so much help. My surgery was March 20th and I'm still feeling a little pain inside. Like everything is "settling" in there, if you know what I mean. Where do you live (don't know where Glasgow is)? Thanks Molly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2007, 08:43 PM
New here!

Weren"t you worried after your ablation didn't work? I had my tubal ligation and ablation Sept 06 and it was "supposed" to work. My hubby wouln't get fixed (big chicken) so it was up to me for birth control! A new GYN said that sometimes in ablations the whole utereus doesn't get cleaned out and there is sometimes trapped blood that can cause pain. Also they didn't know for sure if I had adenomyosis. It is rare when an ablation doesn't work (great, it happened to us, aren't we special?). Thanks - hope you are well. Molly
Unread 04-01-2007, 06:23 AM
New here!

Circle,

You and I have the same surgery date and I also had a supracervical.

I feel fantastic. Have to remind myself that I had surgery and not to overdo it. Only thing I REALLY miss is my exercising...walking just doesn't get it for me. Oh well....just a little longer.

Glad you are doing so well and welcome to this awesome site!

KIM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2007, 06:38 AM
New here!

Hi Circle, welcome! It's nice to meet you.
-Miette
Unread 04-01-2007, 11:39 AM
New here!

Kim, I still feel a little pain (things are healing, I guess), do you? I'm being too careful about lifting things (laundry basket) etc. Thanks, Molly (Circle)
Unread 04-01-2007, 12:52 PM
New here!

Molly,

The only thing I am really feeling today is this "knotting" up type of feeling in my stomach that moves up to my rib cage. I thought about calling Doc, but my husband swears its gas. Sometimes, it takes my breath away.

I had an LSH and the two incisions on my side are barely even noticable and the main one in my bellybutton is almost healed too.

Yesterday was my best day. I got a manicure and pedicure and went to dinner with friends and came home and sat on the deck until 11:00. Slept pretty good last night.

Like I said, only knawing pain once in a while getting on my nerves. I also think I may be getting a cold. UGH! Resting a lot today.

It is good to hear that you are doing well. We are definitly "works in progress". Slowly but surely, right?

Kim
Unread 04-01-2007, 03:59 PM
New here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle
Weren"t you worried after your ablation didn't work? I had my tubal ligation and ablation Sept 06 and it was "supposed" to work. My hubby wouln't get fixed (big chicken) so it was up to me for birth control! A new GYN said that sometimes in ablations the whole utereus doesn't get cleaned out and there is sometimes trapped blood that can cause pain. Also they didn't know for sure if I had adenomyosis. It is rare when an ablation doesn't work (great, it happened to us, aren't we special?). Thanks - hope you are well. Molly
Yes, I thought I was going insane, because my dr. had told me that the ablation was "always" successful and so rare to have complications, that no one ever had any problems. I ended up getting a kidney infection, peritonitis, and PID from the dr. spilling fluid from the hysterscopy out into my pelvis, and then the living tissue she left trapped started bleeding out into my tubes and caused an acute case of endometriosis and ate holes into my pelvic membranes. She still swears "nothing out of the ordinary happened" and when I talked to her last she had never heard of the living tissue getting trapped and causing major pain. It was encouraging to me to find this site and realize that I wasn't some weird anomoly like my other dr. tried to make it seem like - there are lots of others who have failed ablation and end up in worse pain from aggravating endo, adno, and fibriods. My new dr. thought I might have adno too, but when the path. came back, I had a bunch of fibroids hiding in the lining of my uterus and got really mad from the cauterization of the ablation and started swelling out of control, on top of the PID and endo.

Well, like you said, aren't we lucky I'm just grateful now to have it over and be recovering. I hope that you are doing well and getting better each week!

Jen
Unread 04-02-2007, 06:37 AM
New here!

Hi Jen,

How was your first day back at work? I think that was supposed to be today? I have been praying for you this morning!

Mollie
lavh 2/27/07 kept both ovaries
Unread 04-02-2007, 03:58 PM
New here!

Thank you for the prayers! It went much better than I thought it would. I took 2 advil at lunch when I started to ache a little bit and that got me through the rest of the day. Had a hard time concentrating and getting back into the groove of things, but maybe tomorrow will be better. I'm so tired now, I think I could go to bed already! I'm glad I waited as long as I did to go back (5 weeks). Even just last week I wouldn't have been able to make it through a whole day.

Hope you're doing well today!! Jen
Unread 04-02-2007, 04:12 PM
New here!

I'm so proud of you! Take it easy the rest of the evening. My five week mark will be tomorrow too. I just realized we had our surgeries on the same day. I could not have gone back last week either. The past three days I am feeling more like my old self. I will start back with my clients on Thursday. Just a few this week...then off for spring break next week! Actually taking a few days off for some much needed r&r at the beach. I went back to the gym this am for 10 min on treadmill/10 min of light hand weights. Now that was an event!

Keep posting through the week! Would love to hear how your energy, etc. holds out for you. Of course, It will be great to hear that each day it gets better.

Mollie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register