Big Day - Oct 7th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Big Day - Oct 7th Big Day - Oct 7th

Unread 10-02-2003, 12:57 PM
Big Day - Oct 7th

Hi all. I'm new and my doctor's office gave this website addy to me. I've been lurking for the past two days and have found a lot of helpful information. On Oct 7th, I'm due to have all girl parts removed. (I don't have all the acronyms down yet!)

I have to say though, I'm scared to death. I'm afraid of not waking up. I'm afraid of my already sexless marriage (my fault) not improving and being left behind. I'm afraid of becoming a wretched "B."

My hope is that when all is said and done, 1) I wake up, and 2) I'm back to "me." I used to be a fairly even-keeled person, a nymphomaniac with my husband and overall very happy.

How do ya'll relax when you are waiting? I feel so stressed. I have a ton of things to accomplish before my last day of work (tomorrow) and I want my house cleaned from top to bottom before Monday...and I want to spend the weekend on the lake having fun. Not enough time!

Thank ya'll for listening.

Angi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2003, 02:07 PM
Big Day - Oct 7th

Hi there and welcome!!! I'm a mess too!! A princess-to-be-like mess but a mess none the less! Think of this....on your big day I will still have two days wait!!!! My castle day is October 9th. This place is just AWSOME!!! Any question you have can be answered, any fear can be understood!

BIG HUGS!

Kim
Unread 10-02-2003, 02:09 PM
Big Day - Oct 7th

Oh Angi

First, Welcome to Hyster Sisters. I'm sorry you need surgery, but glad you found us. We're here for you when you need support, info, hugs and giggles.

Second...there is NEVER enough time. We just really seem to have a problem hanging up that Superwoman cape I found it worked better to make a list and prioritize...what HAD to get done and what would be nice if I got it done. I had another one, but don't tell DBF & DS....that one was "What can the boys do so I don't have to?" I liked that list and found there was a lot that could be slid from my list to theirs.

The fears you're having about not waking up, sex, becoming a "b" (I was a "b" before the surgery and I think I'm improving) and all those other things...are normal. We all go through them as Ladys-in-waiting. That's what's so great about coming here. We can cry, whine, explode or just look for hugs and the other ladies here understand.

So sit back, grab a cup of coffee or a diet coke (those seem to be the drinks of choice) or start practicing with prune juice...and read read read. Read posts on the boards and links listed here. And ask questions. Nothing is too silly or gross...we'll answer you honestly. Remember...we're not doctors, so anything we write is usually based on our own experience or feelings. You still need to run things by your own doc.

s
Cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2003, 02:25 PM
Welcome

Welcome to HysterSisters. I just wanted to say Hi from Pflugerville!!!!

It is very normal to be feeling worried and scared before your surgery. Very few of us are/were not.

Try to prioritize, but leave yourself room to enjoy a thing or two you may not be able to do for a few months post op. Read all you can in the Pre Op Hints and Post Op Hints sections. You'll find them in the More Hyster Sisters menu box above the posts. Just scroll down, they are there along with alot more!

I hope all goes well for you
Unread 10-02-2003, 04:59 PM
Big Day - Oct 7th

Hi Angi! My big day is also October 7th, and I'm also scared. I'm trying to think positve thoughts, and once I recover I know that I will have to feel better than I do now! I've decided that having this surgery is like taking a big flying leap of faith, and that the flying part is scary sometimes!
My Mom and I have worked ourselves silly trying to get everything done that I decided that I had to have done before the big day...and I'm about to just let it go, because there's just no way that I'm going to get all of that done...in fact, I think that I'd rather do some fun things instead!!!
I hate it that you're so scared, and I wish that I could make you feel better...one decision I made was to have a spinal instead of being put under, because I am also afraid of that. My doc was very willing to go this route, and it's now one less big thing that I have to worry about.
Best wishes to you Angi, I'll say a prayer for you on our big day, and I'll see you on the post op boards!
Unread 10-02-2003, 05:14 PM
Big Day - Oct 7th

Angi~

Welcome......you will do fine!!! And just think, you will feel SO much better. I am just so thankful that I found these ladies, and they will help you as much as they have helped and inspired me and all the others!!

Have some fun before your big day!

Warm thoughts your way!

Carol
Unread 10-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Big Day - Oct 7th

I also am going to the castle on October 7th and I was frightened to death of all of the same things you are. I just asked myself if I trusted my doctor to be doing the right thing for me? Or could he be doing it for himself. I have confidence in my DR and I know he is doing the right thing for me. After I made this decision I have been feeling better about the whole thing.
Unread 10-03-2003, 12:34 PM
Thank you all so much for your support!

This is "the" best place! I will be thinking of and praying for all of my new found friends and your "big days!" I know I will feel better, and I did take the advice of making priority lists. That helped with some of the stress.

I too want to spend some of my time this weekend having fun - and I'm a huge Texas Longhorn fan, so that's going to be my fun this weekend - watching and hoping the Horns Hook'em! Maybe spend a little time on the lake playing around on the Sea Doo's.

I can't wait to get back here and let all the soon to be princesses know how it went and that there is nothing to fear. As far as confidence in my doctor, I have the upmost confidence in her.

After gaining close to 70 lbs in about 5 years, and seeing multitudes of doctors trying to figure out why I was gaining weight and being told it was my age, heredity, etc., I finally went to the one I have just for my normal annual. Her office is the ONLY one that found that I had polycystic ovaries thereby causing insulin resistence, hence weight gain. While I haven't taken off all of my weight, I am getting there. I have total confidence in her and her team. That is a great sense of peace.

Thanks again to everyone! I really appreciate your support and I hope that I can give support to others as well.

Angi

PS: I always knew I was destined to be royalty!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register