Orgasm?!?!? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-16-2017, 08:42 AM
Orgasm?!?!?

Ok Ladies,

HERE IT IS:

I am 1 week post op- had NO hanky panky insertion danger/sex etc.... etc...but spent some 4 play time with my hubby (Gosh this is embarrassing) anyway I ended up having a clitoral orgasm!

It was SO WEIRD.

I mean it was an orgasm,
but felt so different.
What is going on?

I know I am only 1 week post op...so yeah thats one thing, but it's like it was not as strong or in a different place. Or just a foreign feeling- at first it seemed like Normal but then it changed & was like far away- I cannot even explain it.

Please don't judge me:/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2017, 10:13 AM
Re: Orgasm?!?!?

No judgement here! :-) However, be aware that some doctors prescribe complete "pelvic rest," which means no play time w/ hubby if that's going to lead to orgasms. :-(

I noticed that my orgasms felt different after my hysterectomy because I could no longer feel my uterus clenching. At its most basic, an orgasm is an intense muscle spasm. You no longer have a certain muscular organ that used to be heavily involved in the process. We certainly have plenty of other muscles down there to clench. I definitely still enjoy orgasm. But yes, it feels different.
Unread 08-16-2017, 03:59 PM

Whoops! Well she said nothing IN vagina, but yeah I guess that could be bad, but how can that be worse than trying to push out my bowel movements, I mean that hurts on all my insides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2017, 04:33 PM

I think the difference is that bowel movements are inevitable. You have to have them.
Unread 08-16-2017, 06:46 PM

Orgasms increase the blood flow to the area and can also cause spasms. That can effect the very areas which need healing.

You do need to get Outercourse cleared by your doctor before you engage.

Unread 08-16-2017, 08:45 PM

I was told to walk to "get my blood flowing" and circulating esp to that area because "blood flow promotes healing." Also just checked but Dr Oz says masturbation or clitoral orgasm certainly acceptable after hysterectomy as long as no insertion& he says will not harm anything, but I will check fir sure with my dr.

As far as the logic behind a bowel movement being "necessary so pain is ok" but orgasm not necessary so pleasure where I have no pain is not ok- makes no sense to me. But I'll ask my Dr & let you all know
Unread 08-17-2017, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcaderstine View Post
Also just checked but Dr Oz says masturbation or clitoral orgasm certainly acceptable after hysterectomy as long as no insertion& he says will not harm anything, but I will check fir sure with my dr.

(((mlcaderstine)))

Yes, please be sure to check with your own doctor. Only your doctor knows if your recovery has progressed far enough for any type of sexual activity to be safe - that's not something anyone else can possibly know, I'm afraid.

My surgeon insisted on "complete pelvic rest" for 6 weeks, which is not uncommon.

If you've not already done so, it will help to check out these additional HS articles which explain in more detail:

Intimacy after Hysterectomy – The Wait

Intimacy - Post-Op Libido and Sexual Activities

Intimacy after Hysterectomy Articles

We're sending best wishes for your continued recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register