tummy tuck satisfaction | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tummy tuck satisfaction tummy tuck satisfaction

Unread 03-29-2004, 01:43 PM
tummy tuck satisfaction

Anyone who had a tummy tuck at the same as their hysterectomy be willing to share experience?

How do you feel? How long has it been? Do you think it was worth the extra time and money? How is the scar?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Tummy Tuck

Hi....
This is my first post.... I'm due for my TAH on 4-16 and I wanted a Tummy Tuck in the worst way.... there are NO Drs in my city that will do it with the Hyst, probably because they only get 1/2 of the rate even if it doesn't go through insurance.... there is one but he's not permitted in the main or where my surgery is schedule... hmmmm, don't think I want him.
I'm soooooo bummed.... guess I'll have to heal and then do the nip and tuck at a later date.
I even tried to see if I could go to another city but my insurance wouldn't approve an out of network hospital.
I'm just so scared of gaining more weight than I have on me already..... I think this is my biggest concern. Maybe its my way of not worrying about all the other things I should be!! OH OH!
No, really, I've learned so much on this website.... and it's nice to hear reality and not the medical terminology that goes over my head.
Thanks Sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2004, 08:50 PM
tummy tuck satisfaction

hi auben--- a lot depends on your hospital. none of the local hospitals here would allow a tummy tuck with the hyst. i am travelling an hour away to an in network hospital affiliated with a major university and they will allow it. they are saying my surgery will be 5 hours or so. where are you?
Unread 03-29-2004, 10:57 PM
tummy tuck satisfaction

Auben
Hospital priveledges are not neccesarily given based on skill. I consulted with a very skilled PS surgeon who did NOT have privy's on the main campus, only outpatient, BUT his scheduler said he IS able to obtain special privledges for certain procedures, and that would have been one of them. I did not choose him for different reasons but just wanted to let you know they can make arrangements from time to time to go in the main OR and that it doesn't automatically mean they are a bad Doc if they don't usually..I am scheduled for a full TT on the 4/15 with my hyster. (but that's only if the hyster goes perfectly),,,
Puppet
Unread 03-30-2004, 05:43 AM
tummy tuck satisfaction

Thanks Girls...
I should check again out of town but I don't want to loose my gyn. And you are right about the privy's in the hospitals.... I didn't mean to sound like he's a bad doc.... I did try to make an appt with him by his office said he will be out of town on my date anyway.... This is all happening so quickly I didn't really think it all out to plan better and I'm scared to call my gyn to ask her to reschedule because she's been so great about helping me and already trying to work around my schedule. I'm at a new job and trying to work this into that also.
Thanks again and best of luck to you both!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register