Hysterectomy yesterday (Sept 9th) so much pain - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy yesterday (Sept 9th) so much pain Hysterectomy yesterday (Sept 9th) so much pain

Unread 09-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Re: Hysterectomy yesterday- so much pain

The worst pain I had from my hysterectomy was the gas! Whoa! Walking around helps tremendously, seems to move it out. It went away for me in a couple days, so hang in there! Walking really does help you heal faster, just don't over do it. You body will tell you when to stop. Heal well, Hsytersister!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2014, 02:31 PM

I'm nine days post op and it does get better. I was sent home the next day after surgery and I thought I was dying from pain and gas. Just take one day at a time and drink plenty water and I also drank prune juice. It's nasty as heck but it did help.
Unread 09-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Hysterectomy yesterday (Sept 9th) so much pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsue1507 View Post
I feel the same exact way. I took some gas x I'll let you know if it helps at all. Please let me know if you find something that makes you comfortable. I can't get comfortable I've tried everything!!
Walking a bit helped with gas but I was still in a lot of pain. I did take gasx and a stool softener but I finally called doctor and he said I can take Aleve with Percocet as one is for pain and the other for inflammation. I finally have a little relief. I'm also still using that breathing contraption the hospital gave me to clear my lungs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmart14 View Post
Walking a bit helped with gas but I was still in a lot of pain. I did take gasx and a stool softener but I finally called doctor and he said I can take Aleve with Percocet as one is for pain and the other for inflammation. I finally have a little relief. I'm also still using that breathing contraption the hospital gave me to clear my lungs
The Percocet on its own was doing nothing for the pain
Unread 09-10-2014, 05:22 PM

Yes, yes, and yes on the gas pain as well -- for about four days, it was really bad. After that it became painful but manageable. And I was on Miralax for several weeks afterwards just to make sure things kept moving -- not only because of the anaesthesia and surgery itself, which slow down your guts, but because of the percocet. Opiate painkillers slow down your insides.

I should also add that I was able to get up and walk for short distances (increasingly longer) when I got out of the hospital and was recuperating. Even though sore and taking painkillers, I was outside and walking, both to aid my recovery and because I am a habitual daily walker and I'd have gone nuts if I didn't. So although I was on painkillers for about a week and a half, I was NOT lying on my back in misery groaning the whole time. More like creaking around slowly and complaining. :-)
Unread 09-10-2014, 07:07 PM

Sarah hi,
Sorry you are having so much pain. Sounds like your pain is from the gas they put inside of your abdomen so they had room to work. Try to walk and move as much as you can so it will work its way out. It may move up and cause shoulder pain also. For sure give your Dr a call so he knows of your problem maybe he can change your meds or dosage so you can be more comfortable.
Also want to mention if you are interested come on over to the your week Recovery Progress Report for sisters who had their surgery this week the same as you. You can find the link to this by going to User CP in the smaller blue band above this thread.
I send prayers and good thoughts hoping you pain lessens soon.
Gentle cyber hugs,
Anndy
Unread 09-10-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsue1507 View Post
I had my hysterectomy yesterday. It feels like someone beat me with a baseball bat. I'm in so much pain. My ribs hurt when I breath I can't walk it hurts so bad. Is this normal? How long till I feel better. I can't get comfortable at all. TIA
Hi 4 weeks post op feel like I was kicked all in my pubic area especially lt side. I was told on my 1 week exam that I am severely bruised internally. Had test for hematoma, negative. It was major surgery and I was told that it will be 4-6 months before I don't feel this pain.
Unread 09-10-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anndy View Post
Sarah hi,
Sorry you are having so much pain. Sounds like your pain is from the gas they put inside of your abdomen so they had room to work. Try to walk and move as much as you can so it will work its way out. It may move up and cause shoulder pain also. For sure give your Dr a call so he knows of your problem maybe he can change your meds or dosage so you can be more comfortable.
Also want to mention if you are interested come on over to the your week Recovery Progress Report for sisters who had their surgery this week the same as you. You can find the link to this by going to User CP in the smaller blue band above this thread.
I send prayers and good thoughts hoping you pain lessens soon.
Gentle cyber hugs,
Anndy
Yes my shoulders are killing me I thought I was sleeping wrong. I'm not crazy!! Thank you and I will call my dr tomorrow.
Unread 09-10-2014, 07:29 PM

Just know that the pain will go away. I had my hysterectomy a week ago and I was like you the morning after. My ribs hurted so bad when I would breathe. The nurse said it was from the gas that expanded my stomach and also from them moving organs around plus being cut on the inside. Your body has gone through a lot. Please take the time to heal....take it one day at a time. It took me a few days to get past the worst pain and after the third day I didn't need anything for pain at all. I'm still very sore and bruised and I still walk slowly but it's not nearly as bad as it was the first three days. Take care of yourself....you will feel better soon.
Unread 09-10-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSparkly View Post
Just know that the pain will go away. I had my hysterectomy a week ago and I was like you the morning after. My ribs hurted so bad when I would breathe. The nurse said it was from the gas that expanded my stomach and also from them moving organs around plus being cut on the inside. Your body has gone through a lot. Please take the time to heal....take it one day at a time. It took me a few days to get past the worst pain and after the third day I didn't need anything for pain at all. I'm still very sore and bruised and I still walk slowly but it's not nearly as bad as it was the first three days. Take care of yourself....you will feel better soon.
Thank you! That makes me feel better I know it's only been a day but it's such a horrible pain and so very uncomfortable. I can't wait to feel better!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register