3 days post hysterectomy: Gas | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 days post hysterectomy: Gas 3 days post hysterectomy: Gas

Unread 12-18-2015, 10:42 AM
3 days post hysterectomy: Gas

Ok, I'm really healing super well. I shouldn't even be complaining here. I've had gassy belly all my life and am a regular gas-x user. But the maximum dose isn't even working enough. And I'm so used to gas that I'd just deal with it but I think it's pushing on some tender spots from the surgery and I will get ocassional pains that cause me to totally jolt or hunch over from the pain. It's over in a few seconds so I know it's not stitches or anything. Again in the scheme of things it's super mild, but if others have suggestions from their experiences I'd be most appreciative! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2015, 06:24 PM
Re: Gas

It looks like we both had our hysterectomies on the same day. I was having really bad gas, and sometimes the pressure would hurt until it was relieved. It got so, so much better today after I had a bowel movement. I hope your gas gets better soon!

Brook
Unread 12-18-2015, 08:12 PM

I'm doing okay too, except for an infection in the vaginal cuff and just horrific gas pains. I often double over from the pain. Nothing has worked thus far but you're not the only one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2015, 09:00 PM

An infection in the vaginal cuff sounds horrible! I hope you get feeling better soon.
Unread 12-19-2015, 12:29 AM

I too have had gas and GI discomfort. I had a nurse friend explain that the intestines get kinda bruised/abused during surgery. I had horrible days after Thai food and sushi (nobody told me!)

I actually did a clear liquid diet yesterday - voluntarily, gasp! - to give my system a break. I felt great. Today, I ate a bowl of cereal and it all started up again. I might just alternate days if clear liquid with mild because it wasn't so horrible the second time around.
Unread 12-19-2015, 04:36 AM

Hello sisters, My surgery was on the 1st and I felt fine until this week. I'm gassy which woke me up this morning I've been having back pain, headaches and my acid reflux been acting up. Reading the other posts has helped me see that it's normal after what we've been through. Glad to have all this support. Rest up ladies and I'm hoping everyone have a speedy recovery.😊
Unread 12-19-2015, 06:56 AM
Re: 3 days post hysterectomy: Gas

I had horrible gas too but I think it as more digestive issues from the antibiotics ! I was so worried about being constipated post surgery but on day three it was the opposite lol. Finished the antibiotics yesterday, took some probiotics last night and feel normal today :-)
Unread 12-19-2015, 08:53 AM
Re: 3 days post hysterectomy: Gas

I am also 3 days post-op and feel great except for the gas. I'm trying to use no pain pills today bc they make me wide awake. Just my luck lol I never thought about the food so I may do a liquid diet today to see if that helps.
Unread 12-19-2015, 10:37 AM
3 days post hysterectomy: Gas

I have chronic digestive issues, and gas has always been my constant companion! Regular exercise - like a daily walk - has always been my doctor's top recommendation for this; I just started by doing laps around my house, then gradually increased my distance as my recovery progressed. Also try peppermint tea or fennel seeds, and avoid gassy foods; that includes beans, onions, cabbage and its relatives, cucumbers, melons, pears, and artificial sweeteners. In addition to probiotic supplements, 1-2 daily servings of yogurt or kefir can help to replenish your good bacteria. Best wishes for your continued recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register