Major pain at the end of peeing 4 weeks post hysterectomy! | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Major pain at the end of peeing 4 weeks post hysterectomy! Major pain at the end of peeing 4 weeks post hysterectomy!

Unread 08-16-2017, 07:29 AM
Major pain at the end of peeing 4 weeks post hysterectomy!

I am 4 weeks, 2 days post-op, and have been having a helluva time when I go pee. (my BMs are fine, for what it's worth) Starting to pee is alright, but towards the end it really hurts and burns! There's no blood or discoloration of the urine, but holy smokes it sure feels bad. It feels like it is both 'muscular' (meaning, possibly my bladder walls?) as well as a burn. Anybody have any similarities? Thank you!

~KM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2017, 09:07 AM
Re: Major pain at the end of peeing!

you should be checked for a UTI. if you don't have one, speak to your dr about vaginal estrogen. i kept feeling like i was getting a UTI but i wasnt...my dr put me on it and i'm still using it 11 years later!
Unread 08-16-2017, 09:15 AM

Thanks for the tip, DressedUpInBlue! May I ask, though- I still have both (healthy) ovaries - what is the vaginal estrogen for if ovaries are still in place?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2017, 10:24 AM
Major pain at the end of peeing 4 weeks post hysterectomy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMKY View Post
I am 4 weeks, 2 days post-op, and have been having a helluva time when I go pee. (my BMs are fine, for what it's worth) Starting to pee is alright, but towards the end it really hurts and burns! There's no blood or discoloration of the urine, but holy smokes it sure feels bad. It feels like it is both 'muscular' (meaning, possibly my bladder walls?) as well as a burn. Anybody have any similarities? Thank you!

~KM

I am going through the same thing right now. I am 2 1/2 weeks post. I started peeing blood a couple days ago. It doesn't hurt to start to pee but at the end it is horrible pain. My doctor said it was muscle spasm. She gave me Phenazopyrid and it helped but I still feel the pain and I have more blood everyday. I leak enough where I have to wear a pad. It's like I'm on my period.
Unread 08-16-2017, 10:28 AM

Oh gosh! I am so sorry you're bleeding like that! I haven't had any bleeding, really, since I left the hospital, but the pain sounds VERY similar. Doesn't hurt to start, but the end is horrible.
Unread 08-16-2017, 10:34 AM

I am so sorry and feel so bad for those still having any pain or problems I am on my tenth Day from havin vaginal hysterectomy bladder repair and colon repair I am so tired of hurting when peeing and number two... getting a little depressed from still feeling bad I am proud so many people have recovered without much pain it gives me hope but it also makes me jealous I have called my doctor letting them know and I'm waiting for a nurse to call me back now hugs to all of you in pain and having a hard time recovering I totally get it

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register