Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 28-Sep 03,2017 | Hysterectomy Recovery Reports | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 28-Sep 03,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 28-Sep 03,2017

Unread 08-28-2017, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 28-Sep 03,2017

If your hysterectomy was between Aug 28-Sep 03,2017 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2017, 10:57 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 28-Sep 03,2017

To the Post Op Forum!

The waiting is finally over and you've arrived safely on the Other Side!

This thread is your place to share your updates, find answers to your questions, and give/get hugs from Sisters who had surgery the same week as you. Please don’t be shy to post, we are all in this together. And remember: If you're wondering something, others are wondering about it too. There are no silly questions, so please ask!

I am your Hostess and I will be checking in daily during your initial recovery period, which is generally 4 to 8 weeks, depending on your type of surgery. I will be posting articles, answering your questions, and sending lots of gentle hugs!

Initially we may be concerned about:

• Swelly belly
  • Gas
  • Bathroom concerns
  • Emotions
  • Fatigue
These things are all a normal part of recovery and most of us experience a few (if not all!) of these issues. You are not alone!

It’s very important to:
  • Drink plenty of water
  • Rest, nap, sleep, & rest
  • Take your pain meds as prescribed around the clock to stay ahead of the pain
  • Walk a little each hour that you are not sleeping
  • Put away your Wonder Woman cape
  • Listen to your body
Now is the time to settle in and take care of You. We only have one chance to heal properly, and This Is It. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your recovery journey!

Unread 08-29-2017, 10:13 AM
Talking - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 28-Sep 03,2017 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 28-Sep 03,2017

Hi ya'll!!!

My name is Kary and I just had my TVH (Total Vaginal Hysterectomy) yesterday, Monday, August 28th at 9:30 am and I just got home today at 10:30 am. I am a28 yr old married Mother of 5, having a TVH due to endometriosis, PCOS, irregular & excessively heavy menstrual cycles accompanied by debilitating uterine cramps. My husband had a vasectomy 3 yrs ago so my OB said I mine has well have a hysto so I can stop taking the birth control pills just to control my periods (which give me awful side effects).

I'd love to meet others who have had surgery yesterday or any time this week so we can be a source of support and advice to each other through our recovery process.

My surgery went very smoothly, it was 57 minutes under general anesthesia (I was told 1-2 hrs so that was good), no complications. I had everything except my ovaries removed, so now i have a vaginal cuff. My 6 wk post-op appt is 10/5.

So far I have had a lot of pressure and abdominal fullness, cramps and a pretty sore/achy lower back too as far as pain. When I start up from sitting and that counter pressure is released THAT is when i'm the most sore. I haven't had any spotting/bleeding but have been peeing non stop since 1pm yesterday. My doctor has me on a rotating schedule with Oxycodone & Advil for the next 5-7 days which seems to be at least making me comfortable. My heating pad is my new bff!!!!

Hope all your surgeries go well this week ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2017, 10:48 AM

to Nesskl2028!!

I'm so glad that you are feeling well enough to post!! So nice to see you on the Other Side!!

You are oh-so-early post op and need lots of TLC. You may find that you have a sore throat and that is completely normal after having a breathing tube. Cool water, ice chips or throat lozenges should help. Another unpleasant side effect of surgery is gas pains. Lots of water and short walks around the house/hospital ward as tolerated help move the gas out of your system. Peppermint tea, flat ginger ale, and Gax X provide relief too.

If the gas pains are in your shoulders, wet a towel and warm in the microwave. Moist heat helps draw the gases out.

Remember it helps to take your pain meds as ordered to stay ahead of the pain. In a day or two, you may feel like you don't need your pain medication, but please keep it handy, because unfortunately that could change very quickly.

Rest well my sweet Princesses and please keep the updates coming!!

Sending you all
Unread 08-29-2017, 11:38 AM

Hi All,

I had a DaVinci Radical Hysterectomy for cervical cancer yesterday 28 Aug around 3. Just got home from the hospital about an hour ago. Don't remember much once they gave me the first cocktail. Woke up in recovery around 8ish. Had some dinner my husband ordered for me and I was STARVED! Since I was the last surgery of the day I couldn't eat all day. Anyway, stayed there overnight since it was so late but didn't get much sleep. Hoping to get some sleep now that I am home. Have been having the should pain, that is worse than the sore abdomen! They gave me warm towels which helped.. Now I have my heating pad on them. I walked the halls at the hospital and some at home. Glad for the advice to stay ahead of the pain. Have Hydrocodone, Ibuprofen and also took Dulcolax to keep ahead of that issue. Have 5 pretty black and blue one inch cuts for the robot arms. I guess that is all I know for now.

Woman 79
Unread 08-29-2017, 08:29 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 28-Sep 03,2017

Hey all, just had my surgery today. Total hysterectomy but left ovaries. They couldnt get the pain under control. It finally started to diminish after I don't know how many doses of pain meds through IV, but it came back within an hour. I'm in excruciating pain and nothing is helping...i came here hoping for insight. I'm on Percocet and Ibuprofen 800. I can barely walk, ice doesn't help and I also have it radiating through my lower back.

Hope you all are/will heal fast...
Unread 08-30-2017, 09:05 AM

Hello Woman79 and Leisa021, and Welcome to the Other Side!

At this early point in recovery, it's so important to drink lots of water, walk as you feel able and nap as much as you like! I suggest taking your pain meds as prescribed around the clock for the first few days... it's easier to stay ahead of the pain rather than try to get on top of it once you're hurting.

Getting comfortable post op was one of my chief complaints, and this discomfort can last for a while. For back aches, try a heating pad. I my heating pad post op and alternated it from my back to my neck to my tummy. Strategically placed pillows can also be very helpful. Experiment with different sizes and firmness and place behind your back, under your knees, etc. Getting in/out of bed can be difficult for the first week or two. Many women find sleeping in a recliner to be much more comfortable.

Check out the articles below in red:

Getting In/Out of Bed Post Op
Piles of Pillows During Recovery
Keep those updates coming and Pamper the !

Unread 08-30-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisa021 View Post
Hey all, just had my surgery today. Total hysterectomy but left ovaries. They couldnt get the pain under control. It finally started to diminish after I don't know how many doses of pain meds through IV, but it came back within an hour. I'm in excruciating pain and nothing is helping...i came here hoping for insight. I'm on Percocet and Ibuprofen 800. I can barely walk, ice doesn't help and I also have it radiating through my lower back.

Oh Sweetie, I am so sorry you're in such pain. Please don't suffer quietly, but keep letting your nursing team know when you're hurting. Sometimes switching medications makes a big difference. Has your doctor tried ordering a different med other than Percocet?

You also want to pay attention to your bowels at this time. Do what you can to prevent constipation by drinking lots of water, walking as you feel able, and ask the nurses for stool softeners. Constipation is really common post op and you don't need that added discomfort.

Please keep us updated on how you're doing!

Unread 08-30-2017, 11:01 AM

Hi all. I had my surgery Monday morning at 730am. It took about 90minutes. I had mine done LAVH. The only thing left is my left ovary. I stayed the day and overnight in the hospital and came home yesterday afternoon. I've been up walking when I can. My pain isn't too bad, just uncomfortable and crampy. I am taking 600mg ibuprofen every 6 hours as needed for pain. I haven't been able to sleep comfortably at all. That is my biggest complaint so far. Finding a position that doesn't make me even more uncomfortable is hard.
Unread 08-30-2017, 07:37 PM

Toradol and Oxycodone is what seemed to do the trick for me the first 2 days, now i'm using the oxycodone and ibuprofen now that i'm home (surgery Monday). I also found a heating pad was a lot of help. I also started taking colace and magnesium so the meds didn't make me constipated, which I'd recommend. Hope it gets better quickly for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisa021 View Post

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register