I think it is time to panic!!!!! HELP! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think it is time to panic!!!!! HELP! I think it is time to panic!!!!! HELP!

Unread 05-24-2010, 03:35 PM
I think it is time to panic!!!!! HELP!

I just got the call!!!

I have to be there at 6:00 (have to leave home by 4 a.m.).

Surgery is at 8 and he has booked 2 hours and 20 minutes for the surgery.

This is suddenly sooooooooo real!!!

I had just taken down my kitchen curtains and washed them. I have to iron them, have 2 more loads of laundry, have to vac my room, dust and tidy and make my “downstairs bed”, scrub floors, etc. etc.

THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just called DH at DD's house and got told not to worry -- they will come back around 8.

And I just started crying my eyes out and I am scared.
Suzanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Re: I think it is time to panic!!!!! HELP!

*hug*

Breathe. You will get done what you get done, the world won't end if your kitchen curtains don't get ironed. Triage the important things that are about taking care of you, let the rest go.

Good luck tomorrow.
Unread 05-24-2010, 03:50 PM

You don't HAVE to do any of that stuff - why don't you call The Maids and have your house cleaned while you are in the hospital - it's worth the money and your sanity..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2010, 04:13 PM

Awww Canadianlady....

Do this with me...Take a deep breathe in....and breathe out...Take a deep breathe in...and breathe out...

Don't worry about getting everything done today. Just get done what needs to be done and don't worry about the rest.

Take some time today to do something fun and just relax. You are just about there. Hang in there. Best wishes tomorrow. I wish you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. I will be thinking of you.

Unread 05-24-2010, 04:46 PM

ohh... you sounds so stressed out!

You'll be OK. Your home will be OK. Yes, a hysterectomy is a really big deal, but you're getting it done because it has a long term benefit for you (I assume... you seem like a sane person!).
My suggestion? forget those curtains. hang 'em up wrinkly if need be. Spend teh evening snuggled on the couch with the ones you love, watching something together. Or maybe pre-write a few letters, telling certain people how much you love them. Sounds like you're married... before you leave home, put one for your husband where you know he'll find it thanking him for his support and companionship. He may need that reminder, cuz you'll probably be a little snippy for a while! I'm all about proactiveness!

Hang in there... and in a few weeks when I am freaking out about the laundry still piled on my couch, or the boxes of files all over my living room floor, you can tell me how it'll all be OK
Good luck with your operation. Come back and let us know how it went... I have no idea what to expect and to me, that's the hardest part.
Unread 05-24-2010, 04:49 PM

PS - might want to teach the husband to vaccum... I'm hearing that'll be a banned activity for a while..
Unread 05-24-2010, 05:13 PM

Suzanne,
You have been waiting 2 years for this, take a deep breath and relax!! Leave a list for your dh and dd of things that you don't get done, they might like something to do to keep busy as I am sure they will be worrying about you and maybe feeling helpless and unsure of how to help!
I agree with the others, hang the curtains as they are. Most important in my mind would be to prepare your area to recoup!
You can do this! Just think in 24 hours you will be on the road to recovery and rid of the problems that brought you here forever!!
I am hoping to sit and watch a good chick flick like PS I love you the night before my surgery so that I can sit and cry, get rid of some anxiety and not have the family think I am going crazy!

Best of luck to you my fellow Canadian hystersister!!
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and an uneventful recovery!

((((hugs)))))
Unread 05-24-2010, 05:21 PM

I thought I would care about that stuff, so I tried to hurry and get a lot of it done too... but truth be told, I didn't give a rats big fanny for a LOOONG time. Granted that might have had something to do with the percocet...

you're going to be ok. If you're still super nervous in the morning ask them for something when you get there.

*hugs*
Unread 05-24-2010, 05:35 PM

Take a nice relaxing bath before you go to bed. Before you know it the surgery will be a distant memory.

Hugs to you!
Unread 05-24-2010, 05:36 PM

Thanks so much for all your responses, suggestions, hugs and support.

I took a few deep breaths and still feel stressed. I think the heat is getting to me as well. Our air conditioners will not be in until next weekend when my son in law comes to pick up my daughter. It is forecast to be hot all week. I can’t even focus on simple tasks. It’s like I got that call and I suddenly got the idea that this is all happening to me. All along I did the research, etc. and I was kind of detached. What I was researching was just really interesting medical stuff. The whole thing has just hit me like a ton of bricks. I am going to go through this, not just read about it and learn about it.

It is so unlike me to be like this. I’m organized. I’m sensible. I’m the one who calms everyone else. I’m the one that is cool as a cucumber in emergencies. Someone must have kidnapped me and left a total basket case here. I know I have to pull myself together before DH and DD get here, but I just can't stop crying.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register