Endo. Biopsy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Re: Endometrial biopsy today

Sorry yours did not go well. If you need a repeat, ask about a local block. I had that on the 2nd try, and it blocked the pain. But I hope they got enough and you're done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2012, 01:44 PM

I didn't realize they could do that. I definitely will if it has to redone! Oh and the dr said my bp was higher than normal before the procedure! Really? LOL!
Unread 07-02-2012, 07:29 PM

Glad to see you had it done, even if it was not a good experience. If you have it done again, maybe ask about a local? Not sure if that is the same as a block, but sounds like we have the same issue with the cervix not dilating very well. My doctor had to do a local shot in my cervix, yes not fun either, but very quick, and it really helped with pain!! Worth a try. If you are more relaxed and not in pain, better chance they can get that dumb cervix to dilate better. What was the "my option" that you were alluding to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2012, 05:57 AM

It's cryoablation of the lining of the uterus to stop the pain and heavy bleeding. I feel a lt better today. I ended up getting really nauseous and had a bad headache. But I feel much better today, just sore.
Unread 07-03-2012, 06:04 AM

I go today to discuss options one of which is an ablation. From my research, most of the time you are either under General Anethethsia or really doped up for that procedure. Should be much different. Personally think I will push for a hysterectomy since very tired of dealing with this every 6 months to a year and scared that hyperplasia will come back. Want something more permenant. Good luck on your decision. Glad you are feeling better today. They are awful, but usually short lived pain.
Unread 07-03-2012, 07:21 AM

Good luck today!

I had wanted to go right to hysterectomy too but my dr said most ins companies want to see that you have tried other things first so that's why I have to do the cryoablation. Let me know what you decide. I had better be really out of it for the that procedure! LOL!
Unread 07-03-2012, 05:29 PM

Am going straight to hysterectomy. Have tried multiple birth control pills for about 7 years now and also multiple D&Cs. Dr was in total agreement that the ablation was not a good option for me. Said it sounded like I knew what i was talking about. Now hoping to convince insurance company.
Unread 07-03-2012, 06:51 PM

Hoping everything goes well for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register