going back to a physical job | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

going back to a physical job going back to a physical job

Unread 09-14-2007, 12:02 PM
going back to a physical job

Hi ladies

I do a physical job were i am on my feet for 7 1/2 hours a day for 4 days a week and am away from home for 9 hours. My job also involves some lifting which i will do my best to avoid but its all the standing that worries me . I work as a dispenser in a chemist so am up and down on steps for stock and to serve customers all day. Due to my job doctor recommended i had 12 weeks off to ensure i am properly recovered. I have 2 weeks left to go and am suddenly filled with dread and feeling really fed up and depressed.

On top of this i also have 2 young children to look after and a house to keep ,my husband has been fantastic and know he still will be but i cannot shake off this feeling of dread and worry .

It has been ok looking after the house and kids i have felt fine but i can sit when i feel tired or get the dreaded swelly belly, but once i get back to work it will not be as easy as that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2007, 01:51 PM

I am a nurse, so I too have a pretty physical job, alot of lifting and such. However I do have periods to sit (charting and such). I am taking off six weeks, and maybe longer depending on how I feel. Is there anyway you could ease back into your job? Maybe start half days the first week and see how it goes? I am sure they would rather than than nothing at all.
Good luck going back to work.
Unread 09-14-2007, 03:25 PM

Thanks
I am going to talk to my boss and see what she says but she is not very flexible already making me feel guilty about having so much time off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2007, 03:39 PM

I just had surgery and my boss called to ask how much longer I am going to be off. They are really short and blah, blah, blah. I told him I just had the surgery on the 4th and was just starting some small outings but other than that I am whooped out in a very short time frame. People are so unsympathetic. I work as a nurse also. It just really annoyed me.
Unread 09-14-2007, 04:13 PM

Oh, my athenafdm, your surgery was very recently, I can't believe that they are already calling you back!! Must be a man... j/k
It would really annoy me too!
Lorraine
Unread 09-14-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooshmoosh
Oh, my athenafdm, your surgery was very recently, I can't believe that they are already calling you back!! Must be a man... j/k
It would really annoy me too!
Lorraine

Oh, you just made me laugh and you know that hurts when we do that. Yes, it was a man. Go figure. He wanted to know the exact minute that I was released by the doc. I thought, well, why don't you just sit in during the exam. He is worth than my significant other who is constantly asking me when my appt is. The countdown has began by two men, one, my boss for work and the other, my significant other for spectacular sex. How will I get through with all the pressure??? I know, I am going to call Steve, the new host of that talk show....he will fix everything for me. I am so up to date on all the talk shows. That is all I have been doing. Watching those shows. I do have a schedule that I need to keep now. Oh, my life in a little nut shell.

Thanks for the chuckle.
Unread 09-14-2007, 04:45 PM

How about seeing if you can get into physical therapy for the next couple weeks before returning to work to see if that will help build up your stamina for your job?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register