Discharge week 3 post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Discharge week 3 post op Discharge week 3 post op

Unread 04-30-2010, 03:28 AM
Discharge week 3 post op

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has heavy yellow vaginal discharge? I guess it is just normal discharge but it seems quite heavy (I change pads about 4 times a day) and it has a strange smell (but not what I would call 'offensive'). It's been going on for about 10 days and it kind of gushes out every now and again. Does anyone else have the same thing? I am not really worried but just hoping it goes away soon. If it doesn't stop soon I might start getting worried though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2010, 04:02 AM
Re: Discharge week 3 post op

Hi, I had heavy yellow discharge for the first week (had my op 13 April) and now its lighter. When it gushes out is it because you have been moving about? I hear people have bleeding up to 6 weeks, I had no bleeding just the same yellow discharge as you except mine is lighter just change 2 times a day. Please call your Doctor and ask for advise and if you post what he says here it will help me to
Unread 05-01-2010, 06:37 AM

I too have a yellow discharege that started this morning. I see it when I wipe on the tp. Almost looks like what would come out of your nose with an infection. Thinking of calling dr today, just to be on the safe side. Have either of you called the dr about it? If so, what did dr. say?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2010, 09:08 AM

I did not have a yellow discharge. I had some blood spotting the first couple of days after my surgery but nothing at all after that.

You might want to call the doctor.
Unread 05-01-2010, 10:27 AM

I had still have slight yellow discharge and I am just over 4 weeks post-op. Week three i was changing about 4 times a day also. I think its just part of it. Now its just trace. It gets better
Unread 05-01-2010, 10:30 AM

called dr this morning and he put me on Flagyl. If it does no clear up by monday, he wants to see me. If its not one thing, its another.
Ill just grin and bear it.
Unread 05-04-2010, 10:02 PM

Good news - it's getting lighter. I'm 3 weeks post op now. When it first started the nurse at the surgery was concerned about the quantity so did a swab to check for infection but it came back clear. So I guess it is just normal for some people to have this. She said to ring her if it didn't get lighter. But it is getting lighter and the smell is getting less noticable so yay! Still getting pinky brown bleeding as well though. Guess these things just take time. Thank goodness for this site though - I read some old posts and it made me feel heaps better as it seems a few people have this. I would definitely go to the doctor if there is a really bad smell though. The smell I had wasn't pleasant but it wasn't fishy either. (Too much information?) If it was fishy it would probably indicate an infection - at least that what it says on the information leaflet they gave me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register