pre op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-06-2010, 08:41 AM
pre op

when do you get over the feeling that you are giving up what makes you a woman i already lost a breast to cancer now this feel like i'm soon going to be sex neutral here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Re: pre op

I hear you on this. But I came to the realization that being female is all the way down to genetic material, plus a lot wired in the whole brain. I'm female no matter what, physically and mentally. My "female organs" are only one manifestation of that. I'm still the same person even post op. I know its taken some time for me to come to that. I didn't have surgery by choice and I felt I'd had no complaints with my uterus/ovaries and wanted to keep them, which made it harder. So I think its a matter of re thinking what makes us women, and maybe going through some grief and loss for some of us. I know some are thrilled to be done with their "parts", but I'm not. Still, I've adjusted to it more. I hope you can come to peace with this, I do understand it.
Unread 05-06-2010, 09:37 AM

Sending you a big

So sorry to hear that you're going through all of this. Be strong. Remember, having surgery does not make you any less feminine.....you have to do what is best for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2010, 10:30 AM

Just a thought that has occurred to me while spending to much time reading everyone's posts...I think it is very feminine the way we are going through this together. We may be losing parts that "symbolize" femininity but the way we express our support to each other and the way we push through this is as womanly as it gets. I don't know of any prostate support groups with international membership, and men saying to each other [deep voice] "hey dude, hang in there, you can get through this! We're all here for you."

For whatever it's worth, I agree with greyown and Peppercat....it's our brains and our souls that make us womanly and that certainly won't change.

I'm not making light of how hard this is, and I am sending you warm thoughts. You WILL get through this and feel proud that you are doing what is neccessary to stay healthy and claim your life back.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register